Chapter 23

Ella

I stared back at him in fear. I didn't know what to say or do. I wanted to scream, very loudly for help but I would like to live very much.

"I want you to join me," he said.

"Pardon?" I choked out raising an eyebrow.

"I want you to become one of us. I informed the rest of us of your existence. They're quite intrigued with you if I'm being honest. Especially the Dark Lord."

I can feel myself pale and grow colder by the second.

"He's.. hes-"

"Yes. Not exactly but it's a work in progress," he smiled.

"Why are you just telling me all of this?" I asked in disbelief.

He got to his feet and gripped the railings of the chair trapping me. He lowered himself to my level and stared me down seriously.

"Because you won't say anything. And hypothetically speaking if you were.. I know where to find your mother. Your brother. Your friends. We all do. Do you understand what I mean?" He asked and I nodded frantically.

"Now darling I don't want you to fear me. Truth be told I'm curious about you. You are my daughter-"

"But I'm nothing like you," I spat out with tears developing in my eyes.

"Maybe. At least not yet. You'll see for yourself. This is what's going to happen. You're going to go back home during break and you're going to see a necklace on your desk. It's a port key. Take it, and you'll meet a man named Peter Pettigrew. He will do as I told him. Understand?" He asked.

"And what is he to do?" I asked now standing to my feet.

"Oh you'll be in for quite a treat. Trust me though. You'll be only more powerful. I have so many plans for you. For us," he smiled excitedly looking down at me. "After that you're free to go home and when you return here, I will be answering any questions you may have."

I nodded feeling a tear run down my face. He stared at me for a moment and hesitantly wiped it off my cheek with his thumb slowly.

"Don't be afraid. Be strong. That's all I've ever known and it's all you're ever going to know. Remember that. That's probably the only thing good I can teach you. Off to the party now. Before your redheaded boyfriend loses his pants-"

"He's not my boyfriend," I argued and he stared at me unphased.

"Yea whatever. Get out of my office," he demanded and I slowly backed away from him towards the door.

Once I felt the handle in my hand I pushed through it and walked into the hallway. I closed it behind me and released all of the tears that were threatening to pour out.

Zahira

"Cedric honestly it's not a big deal he didn't-"

"Then explain it to me," he demanded as Fred stood between us awkwardly

"He's just drunk for real Cedric don't beat someone who is obviously intoxicated out of anger," I pleaded and Cedric rolled his eyes.