Chapter 17

Ella

I entered the office and the room fell silent. This time only Professor Dumbledore and Snape were present along with Mr.Crouch. His entire posture tensed up and he released a breath at the sight of me.

"My my my.. she looks so much like her father," he gasped.

"How unfortunate," I groaned and he smirked at my comment.

"Darling that just means you look a lot like my passed wife," he said more warmly.

"Perhaps a walk on the grounds Crouch?" Dumbledore offered.

"Do you think that's wise?" He asked.

"Yes of course. I'll have Alastair and Severus be close by to make sure there are no interruptions," Dumbledore smiled.

"Very well. Would you care for a walk?" Mr.Crouch asked and I nodded.

He opened the door for me and I walked back into the halls. We walked side by side in silence for a moment before he spoke up.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

"Overwhelmed. I don't even know how this is happening. My mother isn't a bad woman. She wouldn't have cheated on my father I know it-"

"Now I don't disagree. However this is happening. But I will say I would like to help you find out the truth. If you'll let me. With that being said I have to warn you that your father... he's a terrible person," he sighed.

"What has he done?" I asked.

"You know the Longbottoms?"

"Yea I'm friends with Neville," I replied.

"Well... he helped Bellatrix Lestrange torture them into insanity," he said looking down in embarrassment.

I covered my mouth in shock and froze in my spot. No. I won't ever be able to look Neville in the eye ever again.

"Trust me there's so much more. But it doesn't matter darling. We met under unfortunate circumstances but I'm glad to have you. I've been... lonely to say the least since my wife has passed. Barty... is a lost cause. But he gave me you. And I'm proud," he smiled and I felt myself warm up to him. "You're in Slytherin?"

"Yes sir," I replied getting nervous.

"I was too. We all were," he smiled proudly and I felt such a relief.

"Thank you for coming Mr.Crouch. I'm happy you took the time to meet me," i replied and he placed his hand on mine.

"It was my honor. You have a brother yes?" He asked.

I looked away sadly and felt my throat tighten.

"Yes. Cedric he uh... he's one of the champions. He's with my dad- I mean... Mr.Diggory. I stood with mom," I explained.

"Bartimus!" Someone yelled and we turned to see Professor Moody making his was towards us.

We both got to our feet as Moody approached us. They shook hands as Mr.Crouch smiled at him.