Chapter 35

Zahira

"So you want me to go underwater for Cedric to save?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes," Dumbledore replied calmly.

"We've broken up. That'll be a little awkward-"

"He needs the push," Dumbledore argued.  "Plus it won't be just you. It will be yourself along with Ms.Granger and Mr.Weasley."

I crossed my arms and nodded. "As you wish sir."

I walked out of Dumbledore's office after a farewell goodnight and slowly walked down the corridors. I haven't spoken to Cedric nor Fred since everything's happened. I was going absolutely insane.

"Zahira?"

I jumped and turned around and came face to face with Fred. Speak of the fucking devil. We stared at each other for a moment and he took a few steps towards me.

"Fred. What're you doing out here?" I asked and he gave me a mischievous grin. The ends of my mouth rugged in a small smile and I asked, "What're you and George up to?"

He released a laugh as he approached me leaving a foot between us.

"We're pranking Seamus. Wanna join?" He smiled offering his arm.

"Absolutely," I smirked linking our arms together. "What's the plan?"

"We're meeting George at Snape's office. He's... borrowing some product. We're going to create this potion that instead of talking English he'll be only able to make fart sounds from his mouth for an entire hour," Fred explained and I burst out laughing.

"One day Snape will personally cut your heads off," I laughed shaking my head.

"Eh. It'll be worth it," he smiled. "What were you doing out and about?"

"Dumebledore wants me to be a part of the second task."

"Huh? What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well.. each champion will have a loved one underwater and the champions have to difiere out how to find us and bring us to the surface first. I'm Cedric's person," I explained and Fred raised his eyebrows nodding slowly.

"That's... scary? I don't understand how this is all ok for a bunch of kids," Fred sighed shaking his head.

"Beats me. Didn't YOU want to be a champion?" I teased.

"After the first task i have ever been more grateful to be under 17-"

We were cut off by sounds of a group coming around the corner and I froze seeing Cedric and some of his friends; including Cho Chang. Cedric froze with his eyes darting between Fred and I. His eyes landed on where I held Fred and he stared for a moment.

"Cedric," I whispered and his eyes met mine.

There was a painful silence filling the hall and Cedric turned towards his friends.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow?" He told them and they nodded offering him a small smile.

Cho gripped his arm squeezing it tightly and my eyes narrowed on her. Fred shifted awkwardly next to me and I released him crossing my arms.