Chapter 40

Ella

I stood outside the Gryffindor common room as classmates poured out. Hermione exited first giving me a look and turned around to look at Harry who turned immediately to look at Ron. Ron looked at me and awkwardly shifted on his feet.

"Hi- can we talk?" I asked.

Ron sighed and looked over at Harry and Hermione.

"I'll catch up with you guys later-"

"Are you sure? You don't have to talk to her if you're not ready," Hermione asked and I raised an eyebrow at her.

"I'm fine Mione. You two go," Ron reassured and I crossed my arms staring down Hermione.

"Fine," she huffed before Harry and her walked off.

"You don't get to look at her that way," Ron pointed out. "You yelled at me and she's being protective."

"Sure. Protective-"

"You wanted to talk?" He asked inserting his hands in his pockets.

"Can- can we go somewhere private?" I asked.

"Is it necessary?" Ron asked.

I took in a deep breath and saw he was ready to bolt. I quickly lifted the side of my shirt exposing the bite on my waist and his eyes darted down. His eyes widened in alarm and I quickly dropped my shirt.

"What happened?" He asked coming closer to me.

"I- I got bit over winter break-"

"Bloody hell- and you're just now saying something?" He gasped.

"It's been difficult processing."

"How have you managed?"

"I- I told my head of house. He's been helping me as much as possible but... he can only do so much you know?" I frowned.

"Snape has been helping you?" He asked blinking several times.

"Yes he has. He's nice to me," I mumbled.

"Right well- I- I know someone who can help a bit more. If you're interested. We'll have to talk to Harry though. He's the only one who keeps in contact," Ron said.

There it is.

"Who?" I asked.

"He was our professor third year. Remus Lupin. He's a werewolf. He's very nice-"

"He's best friends with uh- uh- Sirius right? Zahira's dad?" I asked.

"Yea! He's really cool. We can talk to Harry but if you prefer to talk to Zahira-"

"No It's ok. I don't want to involve Zahira in any of this," I quickly said.

"Well alright. I'll talk to Harry," Ron reassured.

"I'll go with you. I think it's best that way."

"Sure," Ron said and we began walking down the hall side by side. "I'm sorry this happened to you."