Chapter 39

Ella

I walked into the headmaster's office and was immediately faced with McGonagall, Dumbledore, Moody well ... Barty and Harry?

I met eye contact with ... Moody and his eyes darted away quickly. I awkwardly walked closer to everyone and stood in front of Dumbledore's desk.

"I was summoned Headmaster?" I managed to say.

"Yes- I think you might want to sit Ms.Diggory," Dumbledore sighed featuring to the seat behind me.

I looked at Harry and he frowned deeply looking away from me as well. I did as told and looked back at the Headmaster.

Before anything could be said the doors were opened and my eyes widened at the sight of my mother stomping through the doors.

"I'm so sorry I'm late- I completely forgot how to get here-"

"Mom?" I gasped.

"Hey sweety," she smiled softly approaching me.

"Hi- wow hi mom," I replied hugging her tightly.

I looked over her shoulder and saw Moody freeze in his spot. He awkwardly shifted on his feet and looked down again.

Right.

"No worries. Please have a seat," Dumbledore said conjuring a chair next to mine.

Mother sat down and she grabbed my hand tightly. I looked at it and felt my stomach stir in anxiety.

"Where's Cedric?" I asked

"In his dorm-"

"My- his father?" I asked cutting Dumbledore off.

"So who's hurt?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Mr.Crouch Sr. He was found by Harry. He's dead," Dumbledore explained and I stared at him.

I blinked several times and I looked over at Harry who looked haunted. I looked at McGonagall who gave me a look of pity and then Moody.

He had no emotion across his face.

That was your fucking father. How can he not react to his -

Oh my god.

I looked at Dumbledore and swallowed hard.

"He- he was murdered?"

"Yes. Is there anything you wish to tell me Ms.Diggory?" Dumbledore asked.

I met eye contact with him and I can feel pressure in my mind. I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion and quickly looked away. I shook my head and I can hear him sigh.

"No."

"Are you-"

"Excuse me," I said now on the verge of an anxiety attack.

I jumped out of my seat and ran out the door. Once I entered the hall I gasped in a deep breath of air. Stumbling forward I grabbed onto the window sill across the hall and gripped it tightly.