Chapter 6- Diana

A week went by and I started to love working here. Normally during lunch time, Mrs. Clifford would come with lunch prepared for us and In the morning Ciana would come everyday and clean the library.

Occasionally I would even see Ryan helping around and we would always have a chat whenever he's around.
Something surprising happened after a week though.

I was talking to Ryan while having a snack on Tuesday and by the time we were almost done eating, he abruptly stopped talking and completely zoned out. I realized that someone must be mind linking him. After a few minutes he turned back to normal and said, "I'm really sorry Alexa but I need to rush back to the palace right this instance.
Something has happened."

He got up and was ready to leave but turned back and said , " Oh and no matter what do not go out on the streets. It's not safe right now. So stay here. I'll text u once it's safe and if possible I'll come to escort you home."

I simply nodded and he left. The rest of the day went by sorting and arranging more books. Even though it is a lot of work, I do manage to find time to read some books too and luckily Mr. Clifford lets me take any book home for reading too. So for a book lover like me, this job is surely my kind of dream job.

It was around 6:30 by now and I was still inside the library, waiting for Ryan's text.
*Damn, why hasn't he texted yet? Did he forget he asked me to wait?*, I mindlinked Seph.

*Probably. Though even if he forgot, it's not like you are some damsel in distress. More like a kick ass warrior princess instead*, Seph said proudly

*Well yeah, but he doesn't know that yet. It's really getting late and I'm pretty much hungry already. I suppose we should just head home*, I replied.

*Yeah let's get some pasta on the go to have for dinner*, Seph suggested.

*Seph that's like literally 15 minutes drive from here and the opposite direction. Did you really had to get Pasta cravings the same day Ryan wanted us to be careful?!*, I retorted.

*He asked to wait for him and stay safe inside not just stay safe and careful.*, she smugly replied.

*Ok, fine. Let's go. I'll drop him a text though just in case he remembers, that I left for home*, I replied.

I cut off the mindlink and took my cell out of my pocket and sent him a text stating,
"Hey Ryan, probably you may have forgotten to text since you would be busy, so I'm just texting to let you know that I waited a while for your text and just left for home now. Text me once you get this. Hope everything is safe and alright now."

After I sent the text, I kept my cell back in my pocket and bid my farewell to Mr. and Mrs. Clifford, since they were still here checking some new book shipment details. Then walked out the library in the opposite direction to my house and towards the pasta Restaurant.

Ever since I started working at the Cresent Moon library, I always walked to and fro from my apartment. Simply because I prefer walking this distance and it even give me ample of time to enjoy the scenery of the neighborhood and also because using such an expensive car to work inside a library would gain way more attention than I'd want.

I was only a street away from the restaurant now, another left turn around the corner and I'd be there. Luckily I decided to take a short cut through an alley so I'd reach early. Once I reached I gave my order and it was ready in 10 minutes. I took my parcel and decided to take the same alley route, even though it is a bit dark and which for normal humans would even seem scary, but well I'm a tribrid, what should I be afraid of.