Chapter 24- First Blood Moon Eclipse

I'm back home now, as planned everyone will be doing their job. The first blood moon is supposed to be tonight so everyone is busy securing the City of Atlantis and it's citizens.

Since we know that the Sirens were already working for the Madmen, so it's expected that they will attack along with them. Hence we need to be completely prepared for what's coming.

I told my guess about the first blood moon to my family and Xander and Sky. So we decided as a safety measure that even though I'll be underwater as the first wave of attack, Sky and Xander would help me from above, i.e. give a ground support.

I double checked the security of our perimeter. We decided to fortify our borders. So half of the Atlantean army would be protecting the city and it's people while the rest will be coming along with me to the underwater settlement closest to the Mariana Trench. I bid my farewell to my family and departed.

Meanwhile on the ground, Sky and Xander along with their respective army, completely fortified the Wolf Castle and assembled at the cliff, near the Trench. Since we know that on the second or third Blood moon eclipse, they would need the Esarosa blood,  we agreed to prioritize and let Sky and Xander lead the battle today. Whereas from the Second eclipse, which is 3 nights later, protect Diana and the hidden underground lake will be the sole mission.

Kathreen promised that once Atlantis is secured and safe, she'll go and help Sky and others on the cliff, while I lead the battle underwater.

By the time we reached the abandoned underwater village at the entrance gate of Mariana, it was already 10 pm. The eclipse was supposed to occur in an hour, so we quickly set up our camp. Connor was ordered to stay back and protect the city while I brought Chris as my second in command. I ordered Chris to manage the camp, while I will go ahead and scout the area.

"Ok but be careful Captain.", Chris spoke.

I nodded and swam towards the gate. I quickly entered inside. Being Atlanteans, we can boost our swimming speed whenever we want and swim at almost the same speed of a missile launched underwater.

It only took me a few minutes to reach near the depths of the Trench, which was heavily guarded by the creatures of the trench. As soon as they saw my approaching, they quickly surrounded me, ready to attack.

The creatures of the trench are vicious and ferocious, who would attack any living thing, which is why no one dares to enter the gates and the boundary of the Mariana Trench. But they can be controlled just like any other underwater living being, by the Trident.

Before they could attack, I willed the Trident to come forth and it appeared in my right hand. The creatures backed up and looked at me. I could feel the power of the Trident enveloping around me and giving me a Godly aura and glow. The creatures bowed their heads before me.

I looked at them and gave a nod. The creatures guarding the prison gates quickly parted and gave way. One more feature of the Trident is that not only can I control any underwater living being but also mentally communicate and command them.

I swam deeper inside the trench, towards the prison gates. The gate, which deep below the greatest Trench in the world, was indeed as scary as depicted in the story books about the Madmen.

 The gate, which deep below the greatest Trench in the world, was indeed as scary as depicted in the story books about the Madmen