Chapter 17- Ex-counter

I was basking in the happiness when suddenly I was pulled into a vision. I opened my eyes and looked around but I could only see water all around me. When I looked up, it seemed like some cave ceiling. So I looked down and tried to understand and figure out my surrounding. But what caught my attention was that there was something magical in the water as if the water itself sparkles and there was a figure who was fast approaching me. I squinted my eyes to try to see the oncoming person's face and just when I had figured it, I was pulled out of the vision.

My eyes adjusted to the change of surroundings around me. Xander and mom were standing right in front of me, looking concerned and Xander's hand was in front of my face as if he was waving in front of me.

I rubbed my eyes and looked down at my Trident and willed it to disappear and it did.

Then I looked back at Xander and mom.

"Are you ok? You looked like you went in some kind of Trance", Xander spoke with his tone laced with worry.

"Calm down. She was having a vision", Mom replied.

"So what did you see?", Mom asked me.

I explained everything that I saw. Mom looked deep in thought, trying to figure out what place it could be, but Xander seemed to have recognized the place I described. Since he looked torn between wanting to tell me and being reluctant to do so, I decided to let it go and bid farewell to mom and returned back to my room.

We all carried on with our work and completed our tasks and assigned tasks onto others before departing tomorrow.
Once it was night fall we had dinner and went back to our rooms to sleep in.

I changed into my night dress and was about to slip onto the bed, when I heard a knock on my door. I looked at the time before I went to open the door, it was 1 a.m.

Xander was standing at the door frame. I invited him in. He wanted to stay together for the night so I allowed him to join me and we cuddled in bed.

"That place you described early, I know where it is. I didn't want to say it out loud in front of your mom, so I waited till the night", Xander spoke in a low voice.

"I know, that's why I brushed off the topic", I replied, slipping closer to him and resting my head on his arm, while looking up in his eyes.

He smiled and then continued,
"The place you saw in your vision is where the leader of the Madmen is imprisoned."

"Hmm ok.", I replied.

"As the future Luna Queen, you should know where it is, so I'll take you there once were back from our trip to the Vampire Academy, Ok?", he joked.

I nodded and he held me tight in a hug, with my head resting on his chest and the crook of his neck, and his head resting on top of mine.

"But there is one question that I have, Xander", I asked.

"Uh hmm, what is it?", Xander replied, brushing my hair.

"Why is a Nymph guarding it? Weren't they extinct?", I replied.

I felt him freeze beside me, hearing my question.

I pulled back to look at his face. My right hand reached out to his cheek and I lightly stroked his cheek with my thumb

"If you're thinking about how I know about the Nymph guarding it, then let me answer that for you. I saw her in the vision and apparently she somehow was able to see or sense me, because she literally came at me like some bullet train, thankfully I pulled out in time otherwise I don't know what she would've done with me.", I spoke.