Chapter 11- Anniversary Ball

Things were finally looking up for me. I found a really amazing and caring mate who would always make time for me despite his extremely busy schedule and my training was going pretty good as well.
As expected, soon enough, I was being paired against the really good fighters. I did seem to make my trainer- Dimitri proud.

It had been a month now and almost time for Xander's parents to return. They were to return tomorrow evening but what I didn't understand was, why was everyone decorating the palace, as if some occasion is taking place. So I decided to ask Xander tonight, once he gets done with his work.

I stayed up all night for him but he didn't return to his bedroom yet. I paced back and forth in my room awaiting for him because I need to know what's going on. If there is any special occasion which I known it is, I would definitely want to make a good first impression on his parents by atleast not meeting them empty handed and even though I could conjure up something using magic, I would still require some time to do that.
I got tired of pacing around so I laid back on my bed and soon enough I had a dreamless sleep.

I woke up with the chitter- chatter outside the door. I could faintly hear someone giving orders and the footsteps of people running around. Somehow even after being sleepy, I was able to recognize Xander's voice, so I dragged myself out of the bed and straight to the door.
I opened the door and stood near the doorway. Xander quickly finished giving another order and turned to me,
"Hey baby, you're finally up. I hope you had a good sleep", he smiled.

"Heyyyyy.. where were you last night. I was waiting for you", I said, still a bit sleepy.

He hugged me and kissed my forehead and said, "I'm sorry to keep you waiting, love, but I was really busy preparing everything and sending out the last minute invites. It has been so crazy for the past 2 days to make sure everything gets done on time."

I pulled back and completely confused by now.
"Getting everything ready for what? And who are you inviting? Other packs?", I asked.

"Mom and dad's 25th wedding anniversary. And yes, definitely the Alphas and their packs are invited but as you know it's a grand event, almost all Supernatural communities are invited.", he replied with a smile.

I felt myself getting pale.
"Wait! All of them?? What do you mean by all????!!", I almost shouted.

Xander held my face in his hands and said, "Geez, Alexa. Calm down. If you're not ready I won't introduce us today itself. Today is about my parents anyways so I wouldn't wanna steal their spotlight either. So you would just be my date for tonight. We'll choose some other day to tell the world about us. Don't you worry love."

Then he held my hands and almost dragged me along to another room, since I was being reluctant to move. Once we entered, I saw Diana getting ready in front of a mirror and a rack of gowns behind her. There were 2 maids and Xander's assistant, Claire, giving them instructions. Once they saw us enter, they all turned towards us and Claire approached us.

She bowed to Xander and said, "I've instructed them Alpha, they would get Luna ready by 5 and I've already kept lunch ready for her as well, so she can eat and then start getting ready." She then pointed to one of the maids, who had a plate in her hand.

"Perfect. I'll leave Alexa in your hands then.", he told Claire.

Then he turned to me.
"Its already 2 right now, so have your lunch, have a bath and select whichever dress you like. I didn't exactly know your taste so I got a couple of gowns but I like that Blue one more.", he said and winked.

Before he turned to leave, he said, while giving me a peck on my cheek, "Take your time, I'll be waiting. I know it'll be worth it".

His words made me blush.