Chapter 15- Secrets Uncovered

We went back to the party. By the time we had reached, my parents had already explained the entire situation to Xander's Parents. His mother rushed and hugged me, feeling empathic for all the things I went through. I promised them that I'll explain everything in details to them tomorrow. Since I was absolutely tired, I excused myself and ate a bit of food and later went up to my room and laid down on the bed without even changing. It took only a couple of minutes for me to doze off to sleep.

The next morning, I woke up and expected sunrays to be falling on my face but to my surprise, the balcony and window curtains were drawn. I yawned and sat up on the bed and checked the alarm clock for time. It was 2 pm.

"IT'S ALREADY 2???", I exclaimed loudly.

'We slept in so late today? Why didn't anyone wake us up?', I mindlinked to Seph.

'Guessing from the fact that we really had a very interesting and exhausting night and the considerate act of making sure we sleep soundly without any training time alarms, I'm sure it was Xander who did this', Seph replied.

I nodded.

Then I heard my room door open and Xander entered the room, with a tray full of delicious food in his hand.

He gave a smile and approached me.
I sat straight with my back leaning on the headboard.

"Good morning, love", Xander said and gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Good morning to you too.", I replied back with a smile.

"So here's your brunch, I took the efforts to get it upto your bed. I thought you would need it since you barely ate anything last night,", Xander replied, while keeping the tray in front of my folded legs.

 I thought you would need it since you barely ate anything last night,", Xander replied, while keeping the tray in front of my folded legs

I looked at the plate in front of me with an amused smile and said, " Seriously? Blueberry pancakes is your definition of lunch?"

"I did say brunch for this reason", he replied back while making a playful pouty face.

"So why the Blueberry pancakes though?", I inquired.

"Your mom told me they're your favorite and as luck would have it, even mine", he replied.

I took a bite of the pancake and the taste was exactly how I remembered; just that perfect amount of sweetness. It was like a walk down the memory lane. Instantly I knew that it was my mother's recipe and smiled, but still there was something different though, that whipped cream on top and extra nuts, that preference I only developed after coming here. So I probably have a good guess about who's the chef.

"So guessed the chef already huh? ", he asked.

I nodded smugly.