Chapter 7- Meeting Him

"Wait what the fuck?!!!!", I exclaimed.
"That fucking piece of shit Alpha is your Uncle??"

"Yes. Anyways, my name's Diana", she replied.

"That's so messed up. Ugh, I'm Alexa and right now you need to get out of here. The Alpha King's patrol guards could be here anytime. They would've caught these asses' blood's scent by now. Let's go to my place", I said and grabbed her hand and we walked out of the alley.

However seems like luck wasn't on my side today, because couple of the patrol wolves were already here. So we sneaked out of there but apparently when we reached near the library entrance, I failed to see a very worried and pissed Ryan standing outside along with a few higher ranking wolves, giving orders. The reason I know they were high rank wolves because of the commanding vibes and aura they were giving.

Ryan seemed to be in the middle of some important talk when all of a sudden he stopped talking and sniffed as if he caught someone's scent. Meanwhile, next to me Diana seemed to be doing the same thing and then she just started walking towards Ryan and the group.

I followed her and whispered, "Uh, wrong way Diana..." but before I could say anymore, Ryan also walked towards us and just stared at her. A few minutes went by, with them staring at each other so affectionately.
I awkwardly walked up to them and broke the silence, "So uh.. Ryan what are you doing here?"

He didn't reply. Infact it was like I wasn't even standing there.
I snapped my fingers in between them and shouted "Uh hello... Earth to Ryan, what are you doing here?".

Luckily this got them out of their daze and they both turned their attention towards me, still giving each other shy side glances.

"Uhhhhh.. we were here because of the wolf scents that we got. But seemed like someone already got to them before us. What are you doing here though?" Ryan answered.

"Wait is that blood on your shirt?", Ryan asked.

I looked down and noticed that there was actually blood on my white shirt. I really should've gone with the red shirt today, I thought to myself.

"Yes...", I replied while thinking of some reason to tell him.

"You also have blood over you and you are injured as well!" Ryan cut me off, while turning towards Diana.

He quickly called for Medic and started to tend to her.
"Were you both there at the alley right now?!" He asked.

"Yes. They had attacked me and were dragging me when Alexa came and saved me." Diana explained.

"Alexa saved you?! But she's just a witch whereas those wolves were injured by someone with an assassin's level of combat training.", Ryan inquired.

Before Diana could say further, I interrupted her and said, "Yeah. Diana's probably scared and dizzy from all the bloody loss, so she saw wrong. I simply just used sleep magic to attack and then ran away with her. How could someone like me be that psychically strong to hurt wolves!?"

"Exactly, anyways are you hurt as well?" He asked.

" No no I'm fine, just look after her." I said.

Ryan nodded and then turned his attention back on Diana.

I casually asked him, "I get it that you're a healer in the pack but why would a healer be with the higher ranking wolves and giving orders? "

Before Ryan could answer my question, one of the wolves, came rushing to his side and said, "Beta, the Alpha King is here."

I snapped my head hearing this, towards that wolf who just spoke.
*What???!!!!! Beta? Alpha King's Beta????? What the Hell!*, I thought to myself.