Chapter 12- The unexpected encounter

Never in my wildest imagination, would I have ever guessed that my mate would be my father's best friend's son.

What a freaking small world! And as if that shock wasn't enough, I was introduced as Xander's mate to my own family including my father, the same man I have been hiding from, for months!

My dearest Destiny, did you really have to be such a bitch.

So here I am, standing right in front of my family, who is absolutely shocked to see me.

"Andrea!", Kathreen was the first to rush and hug me.
Just from her really tight, suffocating hug, I could easily understand how much she missed me and was worried about me.

"Where the hell were you for so many months?!", Mom was the next one to speak, more like shout.

And I was pulled into another suffocating embrace.

Even though they were absolutely angry at me and relieved at the same time, I was still very happy to see them.
I wanted to just stay there in their arms because that's where my home is. But one look at Dad's face and all my memories of why I ran away, flooded back.

I pulled back.

Kathreen spoke, "We were searching high and low for you. We thought something bad happened to you! Why didn't you ever reply back or pick our calls? You could've just told us that you found your mate and you were with him!"

"I had my reasons for leaving, Kath. Meeting my mate was just accidental or maybe destiny.", I tried to explain.

All this while, I had almost forgotten that Xander was right beside me and he doesn't know my real identity. I looked at him and all I could see on his face was a feeling of betrayal.

I reached towards him but he backed away.
"Xander, please I could explain." I said.

"Explain how everything that happened between us was accidental? Or that you were using me to hide all this time?", he said.

Before I could say anything else, my father, King Abraham told Xander and his family, "That is just how she is. Absolutely no sense of responsibility and always acting out. Never caring for others feelings."

Then he turned towards me, pretending to be disappointed and said, "Do you even care enough to inform your family about your whereabouts? Or just abandoning everything is what you prefer? You always ran away from royal events and we always turned a blind eye to it but seems like it was our fault to give you too much freedom. That is why you are a runaway daughter...-"

Before he can complete his entire disappointed speech, I interrupted his and growled, "And who's bloody fault is that?!"

Almost everyone in the ballroom stopped and turned to see this commotion.
Despite my anger, I cooled down for a bit and said, "It's better we take it outside to some quiet place. You all need answers right. It's time you get them."

_________________________________________

Xander guided us to a quiet place, near the lake, at their lake house. His parents and sister stayed behind to cater the guests while Xander came along with us, since I was his mate and apparently he's hurt because of me.

Honestly I don't even understand why he should get hurt. Shouldn't he rather be happy that I'm a "hybrid" princess.

Once we reached, Kathreen turned to Xander and said, "Ok, we have our privacy now, so thank you and you could leave now. It's our family matter."

Xander nodded and turned to leave but I held his wrist and stopped him.

"He will stay. He is also our family now, Kathreen. And honestly, it will be nicer if you just shout or hit me instead of directing your anger on me towards him by being rude.", I snapped at her.