hidden words

George woke peacefully the next morning. His body felt heavy, carrying the weight of everything he'd been holding in the past few days.

The house was quiet, the only sound coming from the rain outside.

He made himself get up and stand by the window, pulling the thin curtain aside. The rain seemed to be lightening up, though rainwater was still built up on the streets outside. Thankfully, it looked like his car hadn't gotten damaged by the storm.

George jumped a small bit as he heard the floorboards creak behind him. A steady, large hand settled on his back. He sighed quietly and relaxed, leaning back into the touch.

"Morning, George." Dream's voice was still thick and deep with sleep. He wished he could listen to it forever, he'd cling onto and savor every word.

"Goodmorning," he said softly, turning to look over his shoulder. They shared tired grins.

"Rain's getting better," George commented, looking back out the glass.

"Looks like it," he agreed with a small laugh. "I won't have to hold you here much longer then."

The corner of his mouth turned down. In a few days he'd be leaving this space that they'd created, which was unlike anything George had ever experienced before. To move on from it and never be able to come back to this exact moment, these feelings, ever again... it was a small relief, but he was surprisingly distressed at the thought.

Dream noticed his frustration and hesitantly moved his hand along his back as a way to comfort him. George let himself be distracted and comforted by the calming movement, his thoughts simply fading away as they stood together.

But the same old persistent ones came to mind, their voices increasingly louder with each day it seemed. In this moment, he wasn't bothered by it-- he was stood with h̶i̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶,̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶u̶s̶h̶,̶ with Dream. And that was all that he needed.

"You want another change of clothes?" Dream offered from behind. "You can even try to shower if you'd like."

"Yeah, sure," he agreed. He was feeling a bit grimy, he hadn't showered in days.

They went to the bedroom together, where Dream fetched the clothes. He grabbed a fresh hoodie and pair of sweats before hesitating.

"You want a fresh pair of underwear?" He asked. George could hear some anxiety in his voice, which was rare. The thought made him feel a little anxious as well, his face heating with blush for the first time that day.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure I have a few pairs that I've never worn," Dream quickly added on. Blush was starting to tinge his own face.

George only nodded, and Dream found a pair still rolled in the bag that it came with. He handed it over to George, who blushed even harder even though he was trying to stop. He hated the feeling of it, especially when it went on for this long. It was starting to get embarrassing.

Thankfully, he was on his own a bit later to shower.

It was easy to get lost in his thoughts here. The only light came from a lone candle, and the combination of the hot water and steam was incredibly calming.

George reached for the soap-- some sort of 5 in 1 mixture that was scented with Irish Spring. He wondered if there were even 5 kinds of soap that they could put in there before shaking his head, simply ignoring it.

Now that he was completely alone and relaxed, he decided it was time to face his thoughts. He'd been suppressing them for long enough, it was finally time to face it.

I think I'm in love with Dream, he thought.

It sounded stupid at first, and he cursed himself for even thinking it. But at the same time... something about it intrigued him, pulled him back towards it.

Am I?

He thought back to even just that morning, taking almost too much comfort in Dream's touch and presence. And the whole underwear situation... why had he been so ashamed by it?

Oh, God, I really am, aren't I?

He leaned onto the shower wall and let out a shaky breath. He tried to deny it, but it just sounded more and more wrong as he realized it was true.

I'm in love with Dream.

°•°•○°•°•°○•°•°•○°•°•

hey guys uhhh sorry if this seemed a little more out of character than usual?? promise it gets better soon 😁😁 also updates might slow a bit but i still have a shitton of ideas -aiden