Eyes

The rest of the evening went quite smoothly, although Ethan wasn't as loud as normal. Harry wasn't making as many jokes as he normally did but J entertained us with his freestyle rapping which made me cringe slightly.

"Hey guys!" Talia walked in. I was surprised to see her there and she seemed shocked to see me too.

"Omg is this Charlotte!" She squealed a little and ran over to me. She pulled me up and out of Harry's arms into her own.

"Uhm hello your boyfriend is here!" Simon chuckled. Talia let go of me and went to sit beside her man.

"I don't know why but I didn't think you would look the way you do! I thought you would be one of those snobby chavs." She sighed in relief.

"What? Why did you think that?" I sunk back into the comfortable spot I was moved from. I felt a sudden rush of warmth and snuggling down, he rubbed my arm with his thumb. My eyes got heavy so I looked around trying to wake myself up again. I felt eyes on me so I searched for the source. I found it when I looked to my left and saw Ethan. He was watching Harry's hand on my arm. His eyes found their way to mine and he turned away embarrassed.
What is going on.....

Everyone was chatting and having a good time. I decided I would relax and stay silent, there was nothing more for me to do. I had been cooking all day and even though I do enjoy spending time with the guys and Talia, they're relatively draining to entertain. Luckily none of them bothered to try and get a conversation out of me. Harry kept me close to him as I drifted in and out of slumber, his hand steadily on my arm. A few times I would catch Simon and JJ nudging one another because of Harry's ease with me.

"You've known her for such a short time, how do you know she isn't insane?" JJ joked after my eyes had been closed for a long time. I was still awake but I wasn't going to open them, I wanted to hear what the other were going to say. 

"She is lovely you know. I just think you should wait a while before you two get too close." Josh said. He did always have the fatherly words of the group I had noticed. 

"Yeah I know, she did say to me that she wanted to get to know one another a lot more before making anything official." Harry didn't sound too upset with that. 

"I don't think you should be together at all!" Ethan huffed. I could feel everyone's eyes on him and for a second I let my eyes slit open so I could see him. His facial expressions were odd. Not very Ethan like at all. 

"Why shouldn't I be with her? What has it got to do with you?" Harry snapped. 

"I'm not saying it has anything to do with me! You hardly know her PLUS she doesn't have the same social media presence as the rest of us and that could look like she's using you for the money! It's simple to be honest! You just shouldn't date her, there's no way it could work." Ethan folded his arms. 

"Yeah I know that the social media thing is going to be a little difficult but what does it matter? When we first met she didn't even realize it was me and she still was fond of me. Even with the amount of money I do have, I gave her the option to do whatever she wanted today and she chose to go shopping and cook a meal for you! For all of us!" Harry's body tensed up. I could tell Ethan's disapproval got to him. 

"I'm sorry Bog, but even you agree that dating someone so heavily praised by social media, and adored by hundreds of woman like you are, she is going to get a shit ton of hate!" The tension in the room was rising. I forced my eyes open, not wanting the argument to go on any further.

"Right everyone out!" I shouted, standing. Everyone was staring at me, wide eyed and embarrassed. 

"What?" JJ said, disappointed.

"Sadly tonight has turned into a bit of a judgement match rather than the friendly bonding I had hoped for, Tobi can you drive me home?" I asked and he nodded nervously. 

"Are you alright? What did you hear?" Harry came over to me after I hurried to the other side of the room to put my coat on.

"I heard enough, thanks for sticking up for me. I'll see you another time?" I kissed him on the cheek and followed Tobi to his car. 

We had minor conversation, it was mainly him apologizing for the actions of Ethan, I wonder why he had acted so strange tonight. Maybe he was just a little on edge for some reason? I wouldn't come to any conclusions, it was not my place to judge him based on what happened tonight.