I Hate Emotion

The four of us sat in the car vibing to music. Hayden and Joe were in the front giving one another directions while Hannah and I sung our hearts out. I forgot that Hannah was actually very good company, it was refreshing to have some fresh air as well. Even though my mental health is a little shaky right now I didn't want to let it ruin the night. 

"Okay here we are!" Joe let out an exasperated sigh, it seemed like getting to the restaurant was an ordeal. 

"Perfect," Hannah got out the car and came across to my side, "M'lady."

She waved her hand dramatically in the air, 'guiding' me out onto the street. The restaurant we were going to was decorated very nicely, Joe had obviously planned where we were going to go. He had picked our a deep blue dress that framed my body very well. Joe was surprisingly good at picking outfits for me, I think it brought him some kind of joy, bring able to spend the little extra bit of time with me.

Hannah linked arms with me and we marched up the stairs to the door in excitement. Joe and Hayden joined us. 

"Hello there," A woman in the foyer beamed up at the four of us, "Do you have an appointment?"

"Yes we do, it's under Frankland?" 

"Ahh there you go, if you could follow me I'll show you to your seats." 

We followed the woman in her very neat uniform to where we were sitting. Joe had managed to get us a window seat and luckily for us the night was clear and the streets of London were relatively peaceful. As we sat down she passed us the menu's and a complementary jug of water. 

"What do you think you're going to get?" Hannah asked me. 

"Probably some chicken, something simple maybe a good drinks? Who knows." 

We all ordered our food, making good conversation and chatting about ANYTHING other than Harry and the others. 

When the food came Joe tried to steal one of my chips and I smacked his hand away so fast. I was happy! It has been a while since I haven't felt the emotions of... guilt and conflict. 

You'd think the night was going to be incredible. We finished our meal and then we found out there was a bar with some music on so we went there, had a few drinks. I let my guard down for one minute.

"How are you gorgeous?" A random man came over to our little group and bought me another drink. I took the drink from him, waving his away to drink in peace and he left with a scoff. I downed the drink and Hannah took my purse away from me.

"OHHHHKAy that's enough for you tonight," She leant over to Joe and Hayden who were bonding over a 'who can chug the most in a minute' challenge, "I'm going to take her home in a taxi okay? Make sure you two don't get home too late because I need to go home so I can't stay with her for too long."

"Okay definitely." Joe promised, giving me and her a kiss on the cheek before going back to the intense competition. 

As Hannah put her arm around me, stabilizing me, I was wobbling around and me steps were uneven. We walked out the bar and restaurant, well... Hannah walked, I more stumbled. When we got to the stairs we paused.

"Right babe, if you can carefully go downstairs and wait for me at the bottom I'm going to call a taxi for us. Be careful darling." She hesitantly let me walk down the stairs on my own.

I took my time, going one step at a time  but as I got to the bottom step I tripped and fell onto the hard pavement which was covered with little sharp pebbles that cars had driven over, sending them flying to the pavement. I heard Hannah shout at me asking me if I was okay and I just gave her a shaky nod. I changed my position, rubbing my sore knees. 

I heard a group of men coming close and my anxiety peaked. I got terrified. They were coming closer and closer and the noise they were making was somewhat scary. There was so much laughing and chatter coming from them. I put my hands over my ears, blocking my hearing. I was going to wait until they had gone past but the noise seemed to stop just in front of me. I had my eyes closed so I had no idea who there were. A few seconds later I felt someone's hands on my leg and I screamed, smacking the hands away.

"Would you relax Charlotte, you're hurt!" Josh shouted at me, taking me leg again. I opened my eyes and flung myself into his arms.

"Oh my god Josh I'm so happy to see you!"