[15] Hours [15]

At the hedge

5 and a half hours earlier

Dream walked to the hedge entrance, it was 4am and he knew she wasn't home yet. The visit to his parents graves were like the same, he sat near them and talked for the most of the time. Bringing flowers to their grave like he does once a week, and says what he did the that day like he does everyday. Dream misses his mother and father, they left him due to illnesses. One from birth and another from an unknown source. All he knew from his fathers illness is that it was very rare and cant spread from person to person. The only documented discoveries were from years ago, and they were scarce as it is.

Today he brought his mothers favourite, a bunch of cornflowers. Even if she wasn't in his life long, he knew so much about her. Like her favourite colour was purple, and when she was young, the girl was known for being rebellious before meeting his father. Her favourite food was vegetable soup and her favourite treat was a red velvet cupcake.

He sighed, taking off his mask that was irritating him and holding it in front of him. It was a white type of plastic circular mask was a black painted smile. Some dirt stains were spotted around and it chipped in some places. When he painted it ages ago, he didn't realise it wasn't dry so when he picked it up, the black dripped down. He tried wiping it away but it dried like that.

Dream walked further in the direction of the hole, ignoring that Y/N definitely wasn't there yet and probably wasn't coming back in a while. He looked at the gold watch that wrapped around his wrist, 4:15am. Seconds pass of debating while he stood right outside the bush. Fuck. With a sigh he turned around and went to the nearest tree to wait for the girl, keeping an eye on the clock.

He made a rule with himself, if she didn't arrive until 4:50am then he would leave and go inside. Just in case she was actually inside the castle already. His back pressed the wood as he tied the strings of the circular mask back to his face. Nobody came around here until 5, but just in case today is a special day where they decide to look around. Y/N might even come back with her friends.

Dream felt meh about Y/N's choice in friends, how did her parents even allow her to be friends with non-royal people. When Dream wanted to it was a stern no from his father and she has two parents so wasn't that even worse? The smaller looking one looks fine as a friend, more friendly then ever and just a kind soul people want to be around. But the other more athletic type guy looked protective and the guy who wants to pick a fight.

Time ticked as he stood and waited, 5 minutes after he arrived he pulled a dagger out of a loop of the belt and started to throw it up and down, catching it at the handle. 10 minutes after, as he started to get bored, rustling of grass came from the direction beside him. A smirk played on his lips as the sound stopped. Eyes fell onto him.

"Your cut it close with time. Like to get risky, don't we?" He spoke. Dream pushed himself off the log, returning the sharp knife back to the belt. He knew she was there, even if he didn't have to look at her.

"And you waited for me. Why?" Y/N's voice spoke from the same direction, he felt the eyes travel off him.

"Just checking if you actually made it home. Might of gotten lost or something," His voice teased, the mask turning to face the girl as he started to approach her slowly, taking his time with his steps. He knew she wasn't in the palace.

"I think I'm okay. No need to wait" Y/N responded, her head now looking at Dream. He saw her blink with wide eyes, confused for a second before brushing it off.

"Yeah, but just in case. You really never know with you, on time you ran out a ballroom in a big dress and the next your trying to escape the palace with a sword." The boy continued to tease, looking at her eyes as she huffed in return.