Kili [1] - The best archer

You propose Kili your help for his hunt

You propose Kili your help for his hunt. First he laughs at you, because he thinks you're not good at hunting and fighting. Then, he's surprised when he realizes you're a better archer than him...

The company's preparing a camp for the night. You and Kili are charged to find some food; he decides to search for meat while to go gather the best fruits and berries.

After an hour gathering, you decide to go back to your camp, your bag filled of sweet berries. As you walk in the woods, you notice Kili, charging his bag with what looks like a dead red dear.

"Nice catch!" You claim, walking to him.

"That's not much" he replies. "I doubt it'll feed us all..." Then, he raises head to you, smirking. "Unless you accept to skip dinner tonight..."

"I don't eat that much, do I?" You scoff.

You look around, and your gaze stop on a wild appletree. The fruits look delicious. You must catch a few for your group.

"Look" you tell Kili. "Maybe those will suffice..."

"They're quite high, aren't they?" Kili asks.

"Well, you have bow and arrows" you say, smirking.

Kili scoffs, then grabs his bow and quiver. He arms his bow and slowly tends it, targeting an apple's stalk. The arrow flies away, but plants in the treetrunk without even brushing a single fruit.

"You must target the stalks" you joke.

"I know what to target!" The dwarf grunts. Then he turns around, hearing your giggles. "What? You think you can do better?"

"Are you challenging me?" You ask, amused.

Kili sighs, then scoffs.

"No. That would be too easy. Wouldn't be fun..." he says.

His words quite offended you. You walk to him and grab his bow, and take an arrow in his quiver.

"Give me that!" You grunt.

You place an arrow on the bow, and place yourself in an axe in which you can shoot the most apples in once.

"What shall we bet?" You ask.

"Three gold coins" Kili replies.

"Deal"

You tend your bow and target a line of four apples, placing the feather of the arrow under your chin, the rope of the bow standing between your eyes. You exhale slowly to empty up your lungs... and shoot. The tip of the arrow slices the four apple stalks, that collapse on the grass. You turn head to Kili, smiling.

"That was luck" he says.

You scoff, willing to show him that he's wrong. You're not necessarily confident, but what you know is that you're a great archer. You take another arrow and shoot three other apples. This time, you slowly turn head before shooting, but looking away doesn't stop you from reaching your target.

Kili can't stop smiling at you, though. He might be proud and a bit dumb sometimes, he can't deny you're a gifted... and beautiful archer.

"Perhaps I shall practise more..." he says, causing you to giggle.