Fred & George Weasley [1] - Yule Ball

McGonagall has reunited all Gryffindors to tell them about the coming Yule Ball

McGonagall has reunited all Gryffindors to tell them about the coming Yule Ball. Fred, who has a crush on you, hasn't stopped staring at you since McGonagall mentionned the dance. George notices it and starts teasing him.

"As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you, to put your best foot forward - and I mean this litterally, because... The Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance!" McGonagall explains.

At her words, all girls claim of excitement, while the boys huff and grunt of boredom.

"Silence, please!" McGonagall orders.

Everyone gets quiet again.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the Wizarding World for nearly ten centuries!" The teacher explains. "I will not have you, in a single night, besmirching like a babbling, bumbling band of babboons!"

You can't keep serious with McGonagall's sentence. You put a hand on your mouth to lower your nose blowing, but your surrounding friends hear you and start giggling as well.

"Ladies, please!" McGonagall remarks.

Angelina covers her mouth to hold her giggles. It's hard for you to stop laughing when the other can't either... On the other side of the hall, Fred hasn't taken eyes off you since McGonagall mentionned the dance. His heart pounds as he watches you laugh with your friends; he just loves your smile.

"You should ask her quickly before someone else does..." George whispers.

"Ask who? And what?"

"Don't pretend you don't know" George says. "You've been staring at Y/N since we're here!"

"Y/N's popular. I know a few boys who might ask her for the Yule Ball..." Harry cuts in.

"Like you?" George jokes, raising an eyebrow.

Harry raises shoulders and turns around.

"Why not?" He asks, causing Ron, Seamus and Neville to chuckle.

"See?" George says, turning to his twin. "You must ask her before she's taken!..."

Fred doesn't answer. He's too busy looking at you. To be honest, he's just afraid that you might not like him. It would be a nightmare if you ditched him!

"If you don't ask her... I will" George whispers his brother.

Fred's heart jump. He turns head to George.

"What?" He asks.

"You heard me" George says with a smirk.

"Everybody come together!" McGonagall orders.

All girls don't hesitate to get up, while boys hide their faces behind their hands. Only a few of them dare to get up and join a girl, including Neville, Dean and George. The red-head walks to you and your friends Katie and Angelina, under Fred's worried stare. His heart races madly.

"G-GEORGE!" He shouts, getting everyone's attention.

George stops over two meters before you, then slowly turns around, a large smile on his face. Fred runs to him, his shoes squeaking on the floor, making you giggle.