Thomas [2] - Nervous

You, Minho and Thomas meet in the map room

You, Minho and Thomas meet in the map room. Thomas has asked you to come a few minutes before sunset so you two could talk. You arrive like planned, a few minutes earlier, finding Thomas nervously talking to himself.

The sun is soon fully hidden behind the walls. It's time to join the map room. You wonder why Thomas asked to talk in private, the two of you spending nearly no time alone...

You arrive at the map room, surprised to hear undistinct voices behind the wooden walls. You recognize Thomas's voice, but you can't understand what he's saying. The shake in his voice betrays some nerve, though.

You approach the map room slowly, quietly, trying to hear what Thomas is saying; apparently, he's talking to himself, walking circles.

"Hey, Y/N... - Hey! Ehh... Y/N, I was wondering if - No, that's too sudden..." he mutters.

He jumps and shake arms to relax and tries again, more enthousiastic. "Hey, Y/N! How are you doing?... I-I... I just wanted to ask you - No, that's also too direct..."

Thomas pass hands over his face, sighing.

"What did you want to ask me?" You question, causing him to jump.

He tricks on a root and almost falls as he turns around.

"GOD - Damn it! You scared me!" He cries.

"Sorry..." you say. "You said you wanted to talk. And you seem pretty concerned about it... What is it?"

Thomas's eyes widen at your words.

"You heard me?"

"I arrived over a minute ago" you explain.

Thomas lies with his back against the wall, nervously rubbing hands.

"It's not that important..." he says.

You scoff.

"Thomas. You know I'll never judge you, whatever you do or say... You should tell me before Minho comes annoy us" you reply.

Thomas chuckles.

"Yeah, he's pretty annoying, sometimes"

"He's... A-Minho-ying!" you reply.

You and Thomas burst into laughter.

"Sorry, I had to..." you say.

You managed to defuse the tension, giving Thomas the courage to tell you what he needed to.

"I really like you, Y/N" he says.

Your heart stops.

"Do you?"

"Yeah! I think you're smart, pretty... your jokes are sometimes stupid, but that's alright" Thomas says, scoffing.

He steps away from the wall and walks to you, causing your heart to jump.

"I was wondering if - Umm... Maybe we can spend some time together... I mean, out of running time" Thomas suggest.

You want to talk, but you're cut by the hearing of coming footsteps.

"Shit! He's coming" you swear.

"A-Minho-ying..." Thomas giggles.

You both chuckle.

"We can head at the river tomorrow evening... before dinner" you suggest.

"Yeah! Yeah, great" Thomas replies.

"Great" you repeat.

Minho arrives behind you, and you both join him inside the map room.

☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘☘

Author's note: Sorry for the bad pun...