Pevensies siblings [2] - Protecting the Queen

You, Peter, Edmund and Trumpkin run out the Hall of prophecies, your footsteps resounding in the hall. It feels colder and colder as you arrive in the main cavern. Caspian's held by two dark creatures, and stands in front of a tall ice wall, from which a pale hand gets out. When you get closer and climb down the stairs, you can see the shape of a tall woman, doubtlessly the White Witch.

"STOP!" Peter shouts, unsheathing his sword.

Caspian's released by the creatures, but he stays immobile, a hand to the ice wall, like it was attracted by the White Witch's power. The creatures turn around and attack. The hag charges Peter, while you and Edmund deal with the werewolves, and Trumpkin fights Nikabrik - Traitor!

Suddenly, you hear footsteps behind you. You turn around, and your heart stops when you see Lucy. She pulls out her dagger and places it around Nikabrik's neck. Suddenly, one of the werewolves changes direction and charges her.

"LUCY!" Her brothers shout.

By instinct, you grab the first weapon you see: a sword. You may be terrible with those, you have to protect Lucy. You rush between her and the werewolf, placing a hand on the guard of the sword to unsheath it. A sudden raise of adrenaline gives you the strength to carry it up, but you barely have time to pull it out that the monster bites you hand when you bump it, and pulls you down in its fall. Its fangs plant deep in your wrist, causing you to release a heartbreaking yell.

"Y/N!" Lucy cries.

The werewolf hasn't released you hand, but you did release the sword. You grab a rock and knock its head with it. The beast squeaks, and finally releases your wrist. A burn spreads through it. You get up and grab the sword with your non-injured hand, without taking eyes off the werewolf, which has got up now. It's creeping in your direction, grunting.

You look at the werewolf, and inhale deeply before pulling up your sword.

"COME ON!" You shout.

The beast charges. You take a run-up on the stone table, then jump on the monster, yelling of rage. You wrap an arm around its neck and drag it down your fall. You try your best to ignore the pain as the werewolf is getting on top of you, pressing your hand with his paw, and stab it in the stomach. Its grunts stop neat, and its body relaxes suddenly. You push it away as hard as you can and roll on you side, gasping. The pain in you hand and all this racing make you feel dizzy.

You hear the noise of ice crackling. You turn eyes at the ice wall, that falls into pieces. Edmund's standing behind it, pulling down his sword and looking at Peter, who stands now at Caspian's place. Caspian lies on the floor, half conscious.

"I know. You had it sorted" Edmund tells his brother.

Lucy sheaths her dagger and rushes to you.

"Y/N!"

Her scream gets the boys' attention. Edmund and Peter drop their swords and rush to you as well.

"Y/N!" Peter claims.

You take support on your left arm and push yourself up, and roll on your side again, breathing heavily. Peter grabs your arm and pulls you up. Then, you barely have time to turn around that Lucy wraps arms around your body, causing you to jump.

"You saved me! Thank you!" She claims.

My hand hurts when she tightens against you, pressing it between us. You groan.

"Sorry..." Lucy says, releasing you.

"It's alright" you reply.

"If I may say..." Trumpkin cuts in. "That was very courageous! Especially for someone who can't handle a sword..."

"Well, I'll need some more practise..." you say, groaning because of the pain in your hand.

"Y/N!" Your brother calls suddenly.

You turn head to Caspian, who's standing in front of the stone table, breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

This question annoys you a lot. It's even driving you crazy. You tighten fists, walking to him.

"Okay?" You ask.

Caspian jumps when you walk to him, then walks back. He steps aside when his back reaches the stone table.

"Y/N..." Edmund says.

"Half of us have died tonight, and we almost did too a few minutes ago, because of another of your stupid decisions! How can anyone in here be okay?" You shout madly.

Then, there's a blank. You only hear torches crackling, and a rock rolling down, somewhere in the halls. Caspian's eyes get glowy.

"I'm sorry..." Caspian replies, voice breaking.

Then he runs out the cavern. It's now that you realize how rude you've just been with him. You also understand why he looked so scared when you look down at the dagger in your hand, covered of the werewolf's blood. You jump, and drop the weapon down.

"It's the werewolf's bite. It can cause dizziness and extreme rage for a certain time..." Trumpkin explains.

The pain suddenly grows as your fists open. Suddenly, your legs start shaking and the dizziness comes back. You overbalance.

"Wow..."

Peter catches you back and guides you to the Stone Table, then helps you to sit. Lucy opens her bottle.

"Take a drop" she says.

You take the bottle in your hand and pour a drop of fireflower liquid in your mouth. The taste is sweet, and slightly spicy at the same time.

"Thank you" you say, giving back the bottle to Lucy.

"Lucky that Queen Lucy gave you her potion before the changing..." Trumpkin says.

Your heart jumps.

"What?" Peter and Edmund ask.

"What changing?" Lucy asks, worried.

You all look at Trumpkin, panicked. Then he giggles hard. You sigh of relief, despite it's wasn't funny at all.

"Sorry, but... If you had seen yourselves!..." Trumpkin cries, laughing hard.

"Trumpkin!" Lucy glares.