Caspian [2] - Looking for a queen

The King's telling Lucy and Ed about his expeditions, when Lucy asks you and Caspian if you've found someone to marry

The King's telling Lucy and Ed about his expeditions, when Lucy asks you and Caspian if you've found someone to marry. And when you explain that your wedding with a Telmarine knight won't happen, Caspian takes it quite well...

"Since you left, the giants of the North have surrendered unconditionally. Then, we defeated the Calormene armies in the Great Desert..." Caspian explains.

"Our legions kept on to Azim Balda and Tashbaan. There, we freed over a thousand of Narnians from slavery" you add.

"There's peace accross all of Narnia" Caspian says.

"Peace?" Edmund questions.

Caspian nods.

"In three years of time"

"And have you found yourself a queen in those three years?" Lucy asks then.

Caspian scoffs.

"No. Not one to compare with your sister..."

"How about you, Y/N?"

"What?" You ask.

"Perhaps you found a charming Telmarine Lord... A knight, maybe" Lucy guesses.

"Yes, Y/N! Tell us about this... Lord Aidan, or Dorian..." says Caspian.

You raise head. His sass couldn't hide his bitter... Your future wedding has brought tension between you two for a while. That's why you've tried to spent as less time as possible together, and usually separated during your missions...

"His name is Duncan..."

"Oh, right! Sorry" Caspian says.

"And I'm not getting married with him" you continue.

Caspian proceeds to grab an apple in the basket. He stops for a second as he hears your words, glancing at you, then keeps going like he didn't get concerned.

"Why?" Lucy questions.

You sigh.

"I just think we weren't meant for each other" you reply. "We don't have, the same way of thinking, the same interests... - I mean, we do ! That's actually what bothered him... I think he just wanted a boring, simple-minded and ordinary wife to tell his exploits to..."

You turn eyes to your uncle, who rolls eyes. Unlike your father, he's always supported you and is proud of the rebellious, unique woman you are.

"I refused his proposition, to my father's greatest disappointment" you add, rolling eyes up.

"That's too bad" Caspian says then. "That Lord Dorian - Duncan ! - seemed wealthy... and powerful"

"But you know that's not what I'm looking for in a man, don't you?"

Caspian's eyes follow you as you walk next to him and grab a peach in the basket. He loves your confidence and rebelliousness. Knowing that you were promised to someone else was a nightmare to him, but now he knows that you don't belong to anyone, he's relieved. And who knows, when this journey will end, he may find himself a queen.

"I know" he replies, a smile growing up on his face.