happy forest friends (tommy & tubbo)

(ty commie for helping me with this idea, but that means you already know what's going on smh

also disclaimer: if you've read TRaO or certain one-shots here, then you know how gruesome I can be sometimes! this is probably the most horror-intense thing I've written in very long. there are themes of SUICIDE, MURDER, INSANITY, CANNIBALISM, and all the likes! please be aware that I have warned you right now, and that you need to proceed with caution. this is gonna be a really gruesome trip.)

3rd Person POV

"Ah, it's a great idea, Tommy!" Tubbo shouted to his blonde best friend, looking up at the younger.

Tommy groaned inwardly. He wouldn't dare to admit it, but he hated being alone. And the nearing sunset in the vast forest in front of him was not helping his predicament one bit. However, he refused to be called a coward and told Tubbo that they should try and stay in the forest until morning- see who could last the longest without trying to find the other and leaving.

Since it was late winter, the sunsets happened near 5 o'clock, and it was currently half past 4. Tommy knew he had a bit of time before the sun would bid them farewell, and set off deeper into the forest, leaving Tubbo to go the other way.

Speaking into his walkie-talkie, Tommy said the first words between the two since separating, not too long after the sun went to sleep.

"You scared, yet?" He joked half-heartedly, a bit distant due to the radio silence from his counterpart. He didn't have a valid reason to be bitter, but he was disappointed that he gave in before Tubbo did in this silent competition of not talking.

"Not at all, pal." Immediately, Tommy noticed the slight tremor in Tubbo's voice. He rolled his eyes, and asked, "Anything happen, yet?"

"A bee stung me."

Laughing obnoxiously loud, Tommy wheezed out, "You got stung by a fucking bee?"

"Yeah, but it was actually a wasp. On my neck, and it hurts like a bitch." The brunette complained.

"Sucks to be you!" the other mocked, to which Tubbo huffed and switch channels.

Furrowing his eyebrows, Tommy's face darkens. He didn't like the sudden lack of talking.

"Alright, big man, you've got this," he mumbles out to himself, trying to break the silence around him. "Just remember, all you have to do is outlast Tubbo! That's a cinch, he's scared of everything, you know?"

Deciding the small talk with himself wasn't the best option, he ventured more with the tranquil atmosphere starting to crumble as the dark was creating shadows and lights out of seemingly nothing. Starting to pick up the pace, Tommy jogged lightly, weaving in between trees. He pants, out of breath, but continues to accelerate.

He swears there's a shadow chasing him, and he dashes through the forestry as fast as he can. Adrenaline pumping, no fatigue strikes the boy until he finally collapses on top of some dead grass, pine needles pricking his skin. He slowly sits up and plucks out the pines, blood speckling from his arms and legs. Scoffing, he dusts himself off, and attempts to get up, but falls back down with a soft oof. Tears prick his eyes as he squints, more pain coming to his body all around.

Tommy doesn't bother to try standing again and instead lies on the cold and pine-needle-covered ground. He switches on the walkie-talkie, shaking, and whispers into it, "Tubbo, Big Man, I've fallen. All these pines have pricked me and I'm bleeding a bit. How are you? Hopefully better than me, heh..." he chuckles at the end, wiping his tears.

"Tommy? T-Tommy, oh my God, Tommy!" Tubbo shouts, "I've been trying to talk to you for around an hour now, what have you been doing?!"

"I- I was running, see-"