typical of you (sbi + fundy)

(haha this isnt a request but expect reincarnation AUs (in highschool specifically lol) to be a thing lmao

and this is also an AU where they reincarnate at different times :D

and the people who get the teacher names' references  ily)

Fundy's POV

I plopped down in my seat in the back. Mrs. Okami may've reprimanded my headphones the first year of 9th grade, but she's learned to not argue with my judgement. Honestly, I don't think she was surprised to see me in her class again- I failed last year.

Even so, as my English teacher, she probably understands me the best out of anyone in the world. What can I say, I'm honest in those personal essays.

"Nice to see you again, Fundy," She said sweetly, with no underlying tone of hate or judgement. I wish everyone was like her. Maybe they would be if I didn't interact with people how I do.

"Yeah, yeah," I wave off. There's a period of a few minutes where nobody else is in the class, all the freshmen not having any idea where to go. 

Everyone slowly starts to trickle in, and Mrs. Okami makes us introduce ourselves. Of course, she starts with me first. I could tell, my classmates thought I was a suck-up, being the first in the class. Just wait until they find out.

I look down, and don't spare anyone eye contact when I go to the front of the room, as Okami says, "Alright, give us your name and two interesting facts about you!"

"Yeah, I know," I say aggressively, "My name is Fundy, number 1. any assumptions you have about me, they are wrong. And number 2, I think you are all incredibly stupid." 

Okami whacks my head, and I yell, "Hey, I'm just telling the truth!"

"Stop being such a sourpuss, dear, I know you don't want to be here. But I know that you have to pass this class, as well as your others. So I suggest taking those back and telling us two real facts."

Groaning, I grumble, "I play the piano and I could code 'til I'm dead."

After the greatly fun introduction, I sit back down in my seat and let my peers babble on about themselves. Nothing grabbed my attention until there were two specific students who came up at the same time.

"Alright, ah, I'm Wilbur! This is my twin, call him Techno! I love to make music, especially with my guitar, and I'm kind of a theatre nerd..." the brown-haired boy trails off, and I stare at him skeptically. I've seen this guy before, surely. Maybe at a mall, or something?

"Oi, Techno," Wilbur nudges his twin, a pinkette with glasses, who stutters, "Ah, m- my name is Techno, and I like to practice self defense- like judo, karate- and I write sometimes..."

I swear, with every look, the two get more and more familiar. I just can't put my finger on it. No matter what it is, I don't like it.

Apparently the two don't have the same sense of Deja vu, as they don't spare me a second glance. All throughout the introductory lesson, I drift off into scenarios where I could've possibly known the two. After a weird hallucination of red and blue, I try to focus on something else. These two people just don't sit well with me.

Class ends, and that's when our lunch break is- after the first three classes. The canteen is crowded, like always, so I go to the library for seclusion. I don't bother buying lunch, because there isn't much to buy anyway. I figure my food will go to someone who needs it.

To my dismay, the two from earlier are seen from the library's entrance. I sigh, figuring our fates must be entwined or some shit, and stroll in, nodding to the librarians. They don't love me, per say, but they appreciate that I'm quiet.