rat (dream and sapnap)

( sorry Cygnus, I'll get to another prompt you requested  in a bit, I just wanted to write this, heavily biased from the song rat by Penelope Scott

yes I'm in science class for the majority of writing this, yes I am failing algebra (soon at least), take this sapnap finally done with dream's shit angst)

Dream's POV

Sapnap's ice-cold gaze froze over my heart. The second I walked into the room, I saw his face and knew that he knew.

Punz and George are sitting next to Sapnap, all of them facing me. Punz's arms are crossed, and he's keeping his head low. George has a tainted smile spread across his face, his chin in his palm, leaning forward. However, my headband-wearing best friend is the only one to look me in the eyes.

"So, you don't care about anything, huh?" Sapnap grieved, sucking in a breath. "Figures."

"Look, Sapnap, it was a heat of the moment thing!"

"Was it, though? I watched the fucking VOD, Dream. You clearly had us in mind when you held no regard to your friends besides being centries. How do you even know we'll obey you?"

I sneer at him, "Because you always obey me?"

"That's exactly my point. I'm- We're- done. It doesn't even feel like we're friends anymore." Sapnap ended solemnly, George and Punz getting up to leave the room.

I'm still seated, as is Sapnap.

"I really believed I had a friend," Sapnap chuckles to himself, "after everything I said to you- the secrets I wouldn't even tell my family. Isn't that cruel?" he spits out.

"But, what if they refuse to exile Tommy?"

Sapnap stared into my soul, then angrily asked in return, "What if you listened to me for once?! I'm sick of this, Dream. You pretended to be our friend, got what you wanted, and now here we are. The jig is up, and I'm not as much of a fool as you think I am. I may have not seen it, but I know what manipulation is. You would know that I know that, too, wouldn't you?"

Guilt builds up inside of me, memories of all the things he went through as he vividly described everything he felt back then.

I let tears trickle in my eyes, but don't dare to frown. Calm and collected composure, I stand up, the chair I was sitting at scraping against the marble floors.

"Goodbye, Sapnap," I say with finality, and Sapnap bores holes into the back of my head.

"And I'm leaving this damn SMP." He states before vanishing into thin air, seeing the words;

SAPNAP LEFT THE GAME

I whip around, and no trace of my friend is found.

He'll come back, surely. He said he's leaving the SMP's land, not the entirety.

He hasn't come back.

It's been three weeks. Tommy is in exile, and I visit him daily to burn his stuff, taunt him, etc.

Punz hasn't either, but that's normal for him. I've been on the server more than ever, in hopes that Sapnap would log on just once. He's blocked me everywhere, I have no way to talk to him.

But why do I need to talk to him? I was just using him for my own gain. A soft sigh escapes my lips as I slay the spiders at the XP farm.

(Third Person POV)

Day 27

Now, you may be wondering, why would a journal start on day 27? Because it can.
Today I waited for him again, but nothing.

Day 29

Still no sign.
I'm trying to make myself feel better by being nicer to tommy. I don't know if it's working or not. All I can think about is using it against him.

Day 33

I'm starting to lose hope, not gonna lie. I need my puppet back, or the others will find out my weakness.

Day 34

I saw Punz today. He refused to speak to me.

Day 37

I discovered Philza hiding out in a forest up north. He had a totem of undying in his hand, muttering. I was shocked to find out, and even more surprised when I snooped around. He's trying to find a way to bring Wilbur back.
I should stop him, because when Phil sets his mind to something, it gets done.

Day 39

I succeeded in stopping Phil. He's devastated. All I did was laugh in his face. Tommy and Techno did not look too happy with me after that...

Day 58

Sorry, journal, I've been busy. Techno's rage after the last entry was enough to wage a war against me. It was a difficult battle, and in the end, we dueled. I won, and he took that respectfully, which is good.

Day 60

Tommy is getting worse. He got bad, better, then now. Maybe it's because Ranboo and him fought a few days ago. I'll try to get info on that to use against him.

Day 61

I found out why they fought. Tommy was angry at Ranboo for being too nice to him, accusing him of being his friend out of pity. After countless times of reassuring him differently, Ranboo finally lost his patience, and yelled something like, 'Can't you see that I care about you for once? Just once, see that!'
It rung a bell in my head. I didn't like it.

Day 64

Today I used that fight to get Tommy to reveal what he'd been hiding from me. Instead, he just started crying, and ran into the nether portal alone. I figured it was no use to chase him.

Day 143

I forgot about this journal.
I forgot about it when I heard the news.

...

I miss Sapnap.

He needs a friend.

Tommy closed the book that he found. Ranboo was standing across from him, his mask and sunglasses both off at the same time for once.

"So, what'd it say?"

"I... can go back to New L'manburg."

"Wait, he lifted your exile?! Why?"

"No, not that..." Tommy's eyes drooped, and Ranboo moved over to his friend, reading the last page.

"Oh, man..."

"Yeah."

"We should- We should tell the others."

"Yeah, let's... uh, let's go, Ranboo."