Chapter 47 - The Wedding

Our world plummeted into darkness, there was so much uncertainty in the air but the twins were able to keep the shop open, with Fred insisting that people needed a laugh now more than ever. We didn't go anywhere else or visit anybody, the twins simply went to work and came back, while I remained in the house as I had done for months. Daphne didn't visit anymore, her family were too fearful. They had pulled the girls from school immediately and restricted her from seeing George for the time being, much to his disappointment.

Fred and George had become active members within the Order. I had begged them to let me join but Fred wouldn't allow it, telling me it was too dangerous while I was still fragile. Anytime I brought it up it would start an argument so I'd dropped the idea all together.

All we had left to look forward to was Bill & Fleur's upcoming nuptials. It was like a small light at the end of a dark tunnel that seemed to get increasingly longer. A few days prior, Fred announced we would be going to The Burrow to help the family prepare. Admittedly I was nervous to even leave the house after all these months, but my excitement to get dressed up and have fun with all my friends overpowered the fear. I wasn't going to let anything stop me from enjoying the day.

The three of us sat around the living room packing our bags together, making sure we had everything we needed.

"Mum's been owling us constantly, she seems really stressed with this wedding" George laughed, stuffing a shirt in the his suitcase.

"She just wants everything to be perfect" I sighed, snatching the shirt from his bag so I could fold it properly and place it back neatly. George rolled his eyes at me and pretended to snap the suitcase shut on my fingers, earning an elbow in his ribs.

"I know, can you imagine what she'll be like when it's our wedding?" Fred jeered, prodding me in my side to get my attention. George and I whirled our heads round to look at him in shock. A devious smirk spread across Fred's face as he continued folding clothing away into his trunk and I felt my cheeks flush burning hot.

"What?" I gasped quietly, trying to avoid his gaze.

"Come on, don't tell me you haven't thought about it?" He teased, nudging me playfully again. My cheeks got even hotter and I couldn't look at either of them through the embarrassment.

"Of course she has, she's probably been writing Mrs Celeste Weasley in her diary for years" George joked and the twins broke out into identical roaring laugher.

"Piss off, the both of you" I tried to laugh them off and finish my packing, but the rest of the day I couldn't stop myself from picturing what our wedding might really be like.

Dusk began to fall and we finally had all our things gathered around the fire place so we could floo to The Burrow.

"Ready, gorgeous?" Fred asked, rousing me from another daydream about what kind of suit he might wear at our wedding.

"Oh yes" I said, looking up at him hazily and lifting my head from where it's place rested on my palm.

"Are you okay? You've seemed distracted all day" Fred chuckled softly, helping me up from the sofa.

"Yes yes, just excited for the wedding" I beamed, "Bill & Fleur's wedding I mean"

"Sure" Fred said sarcastically, giving me another classic Weasley smirk. Ignoring his attempt to wind me up again, I pulled my rucksack on to my back and Fred took my trunk from me.

Taking a heaped handful of floo powder, I stepped into the fireplace and called out for it to take me to The Burrow. Emerald flames flickered and filled my vision as I was pulled through. Finally my surroundings settled on to the warm light of cosy living area.