Chapter 42: Final Fight

No one could believe it. They had a few minutes to get out of the alley. Junko caught up to them within seconds. She had metamorphosis, the ability to change into anyone she chose, fiction and non fiction. She doesn't have speed like Ryoma. She shouldn't do. And yet, here she was, smiling devilishly. Everyone could feel a horrible chill run through them as Junko slowly made her way towards them, her heels loudly clanking on the pavement.

"A nice refreshing smoothie of Limitless blood is nice, don't cha think?" Junko smiled, looking like an overexcited child. "Can't use everyone's but it will do for now." So that's why she consumed everyone's blood. She can somehow acquire different powers from Limitless by drinking blood. No one knows if it's permanent or temporary, but everyone needs to try to think carefully about their next move. Kaito wanted to try to protect his family, but right now he's not sure how to do that yet. He didn't have much time to dwell on that as Gonta suddenly charged towards Junko like a freight train. Just like he had done at the Facility the first time everyone escaped. He charged at Junko, hoping to hinder her or even knock her out. Anything to give everyone time to escape. Unfortunately that plan didn't go so well. Junko smirked as she suddenly gave Gonta a harsh kick in the chest. Gonta's body was suddenly launched backwards. His body shot through the air, causing everyone to leap back or dodge to the side as his body crashed to the ground.

Tenko's strength. That was Tenko's strength Junko had just used.

"I'll show you!" Tenko suddenly shouted. Before anyone could stop her, she started to charge at Junko. Using her fighting skills, she tried to land a punch or a kick on the twisted Limitless. Junko only continued to use Ryoma's speed to dodge each attack. When Tenko started to slow down, tried from her vicious attacks. Junko immediately picked her up and threw her back at the group. Tenko rolled as she hit the pavement, earning scraps along her skin.

"Tenko! Are you okay?!" Himiko exclaimed as she and Angie rushed to her.

"Okay, that wasn't smart..." was the only thing that Tenko groaned as she tried to sit up. When Junko started moving again, Maki decided to try her hand at slowly her down. Bins went flying through the air, directed to hit Junko straight on. Junko only let out an exasperated sigh. Before she could be hit by the offending objects, webs appeared out of nowhere. The webs wrapped around the bins and pinned them to the wall. The sound of the impact almost rattled the air. If the sound of Tenko and Gonta being flown through the air and hitting the ground wasn't enough to wake anyone up, that probably would've. This fight needs to end now before too much attention was drawn to everyone.

"Come on! Don't you have a better challenge than that? I'm bored..." Junko said, her voice slow and sounded like she was depressed. While everyone was distracted, Kokichi used the shadows to try to keep himself hidden. He knows that he can only borrow one power at a time. But he thought that if he touched Junko, maybe that could hinder her in some way. It was a long shot, but anything was worth a try. He crept closer to the Limitless, ready to jump onto her. Just a little more...

"I don't think so, you little bastard!" Junko shouted like a punk as she made a hand gesture at Kokichi. The boy couldn't help but freeze as he was glared at. Webbing suddenly wrapped around him, pinning him to the wall. "You might be fucking mute, but I can hear what you bitches here are thinking." Now she was using Angie's telepathy. This is much worse than everyone thought. They really need to try to get away or slow her down at the very least. With an opening like that, they can find somewhere to regroup and think of a better plan. Knowing that everyone was thinking the same thing, Ryoma suddenly grabbed what looked like a bent golf club. He rushed forward. Before Junko could try to stop him, he swung the golf club at her legs, breaking them both.

"Got her!" Ryoma declared as he rushed bac to the group.

"That's what you think." Junko laughed as she ran a hand over her legs. There was an almost sickening sound of bones mending as she stood up. Did she heal herself? She has Rantaro's ability to heal, but he wasn't capable of healing himself. So injuring her wasn't going to work if she can heal that quick. There's got to be something that they can do to slow her down in some way.