Chapter 13: Searching For Answers

THANK YOU FOR THE 400+ READS EVERYONE.

I swear that this chapter tried to be the end of me. I struggled a little with writing this.

I hope that it's good.

Also I realised that I missed Tenko's birthday (9th January). So...HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY TO THE ULTIMATE NEO AIKIDO MASTER 🎂

Kaito wasn't sure how long he had been sleeping for, but he knows that it was only for at least a few hours. He spent most of the previous day unconscious, so that probably factored into it. Not to mentioned it was so uncomfortable sleeping on the padded floor that he might as well have been sleeping on concrete. No matter what position he tried to sleep in, he just couldn't get comfortable. Even if he did get into a comfortable position, he doubted that he would be sleeping anyway. He was thinking too heavily about what he had to do to get into White's office. He has to get in there to find out what was going on. He had planned and redid it so many times. He didn't want to drag anyone else into this, he didn't want to get anyone else into trouble. However, he only came to one conclusion. He doesn't like it, but he didn't see another way of getting into White's office.

Kaito felt like he had been able to sleep to a few hours when he suddenly heard a loud, monotone buzz. The sound was so loud that Kaito flinched violently. He opened his eyes blearily as he sat up. He couldn't help but groan as his body felt incredibly stiff. His body protested his movements as a door opened up. White was standing there, his face as blank as a canvas. Kaito wanted to say something, but decided against it. He didn't want to say something that could mean that he stays in here longer. White had two guards beside him, batons in hand in case Kaito tried anything. White pulled out a fresh white shirt and unceremoniously threw it in front of Kaito. Feeling a chill ripple through the padded cell, Kaito gratefully grabbed the item of clothing and put it on.

"Go to the cafeteria. You have one hour to have a meal. You'll be escorted to the Lounge Area when you're done." White ordered, pushing his glasses up his nose. Kaito glared at him a little longer until he was cruelly reminded that had barely eaten yesterday. His stomach gurgled so loudly, that even Maki could probably hear it. He slowly got up, again groaning a little as his body forced itself to move. White stepped aside, allowing Kaito to walk out with his escort. "And Momota, don't think that I'll forgive and forget yesterday's events. You are on your final warning. Do not waste it." Again, Kaito wanted to say something or give White the middle finger or both, but he didn't. He didn't want to risk being put in that awful room again. He just kept walking.

He was giving a big meal that was more of a brunch. As he ate, he briefly wondered if Maki was eating. She had to be. There's no way that they'd let her starve in Isolation. Kaito wished that he had made sure that she was awake and eating something, but there was a reason why he didn't. If White figures out that Maki had a way to talk to someone while she was locked away, he might have the hole in the wall filled in or something. Maki deserved to have someone to talk to while she was in Isolation. Especially given the torture that she was forced to be put through.

By time he finished eating, Kaito was immediately dragged to the Lounge Area. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see the others, but he almost hoped that they would let him take a nap. Then he was reminded about what he needed to do. When he finally reached the room. Everyone in it suddenly rushed over to him, almost all of them looking visibly worried. It reminded Kaito of his first time meeting everyone. They kept asking him if he was okay and what had happened.

"Guys! Guys! I'm okay! I just caused a ruckus in the lab and spent time in Isolation." Kaito hurriedly announced to the others, effectively making them settle down. After a few more questions about what had happened and Kaito explaining what he could (regretfully missing out his conversation with Maki since two guards were present in the room), the others went back to what they were doing.