Chapter 5: The Others

Thank you for the 100+ reads everyone!

This chapter is mostly dialogue, but I've tried spacing it out as much as I could. Hope that's okay with everyone. It's just more of an introduction to the characters and what powers they have.

The one thing that Kaito certainly hated about this place was the lack of colour. Just because the man that runs this place was named "White" doesn't mean that nearly everything here has to be. White walls, white floor, white bedding, white furniture. Even the clothes that Kaito was provided with were white. Kaito scratched at the white shirt and his legs under the white trousers that he wore as the new material make his skin itch. At least the white loafers that he was given were fairly comfortable.

The accommodation was decent enough as well. It made Kaito feel like he was in a dorm at a boarding school, but at least it was comfortable. It housed a small desk, a wardrobe full of the same clothes as Kaito was wearing, a bed, a small bookshelf (which was currently empty) and a small bathroom. The only problem was that almost everything was white, which made Kaito a little disoriented and took him a while to find everything and get used to where everything was. 'You'd think it would kill these people of have at least a splash of colour in this place.' Kaito thought to himself as he looked around the room. He hoped that the staff here will get him some things to at least add something to the room. Another thing that bothered him as well was the fact there wasn't a window. In fact, on his way to his new room, he noticed that there weren't any windows. Anywhere. Why wasn't there any windows? How do these guys get a regular dose of sunlight and fresh air?

A knock on the door snapped Kaito out of his thoughts. He walked over to it, almost missing the white handle. He opened the door to be met with a boy around about his age. He had green tea coloured hair and green eyes. Aside from wearing the same clothes that Kaito had on, he also wore a rectangular crystal pendent hung from his neck. A silver bracelet was around his left wrist and a brown dark brown bracelet is wrapped around his wrist several times. Silver rings glistened from each of his fingers.

"Name's Rantaro. You must be Kaito. Follow me and I'll show everyone else to you." The boy smiled. He gestured for Kaito to follow him. Kaito did just that. He was getting a little excited but nervous at the same time with meeting the others. Rantaro started leading him down a long corridor, the same one that he had walked down earlier. "So, what powers do you have?"

"I don't know if you'd call it flying or whatever, but I was pushed off a building and stopped falling at a few ft off the ground." Kaito answered, a little taken a back by the sudden question.

"Flying huh? A lot better than healing that's for sure." Rantaro muttered. Kaito isn't sure if he was meant to have heard that, but he did. Rantaro can heal? That sounds like a pretty good power at first glance, but he can almost understand why Rantaro might not be a fan of his powers. After all, if someone found out what he could do, they would exploit his powers or worse for their own selfish needs. A pretty dangerous power to have in a way. Kaito stopped lingering on this as Rantaro started pointing out different rooms to Kaito. A corridor that led down to the labs and medical bay area (the area where Kaito first woke up in the Facility), the cafeteria and finally the "Lounge Area". Rantaro let Kaito go into the room first. Like his room, the Lounge Area was almost completely white. There were three sofas around the room along with small tables and chairs. There were only a few things that finally added a little bit of colour to the place. There was a large bookshelf filled almost to the brim with several books. There was another shelf that seemed to have a few board games for the Limitless to play with. A large TV was playing on the far side of the room, showing off a kids cartoon. And of course, there were thirteen other people in the room that he could see. They were all around about the same age as him, some of them looking a little bit older. Kaito was glad that no one had the same hair colour and same hair style, otherwise he might have been driven nuts trying to figure out who was who. Especially since, again, everyone was wearing the same thing he was.