twenty-five.

after cleaning almost half of the coffee shop, he looked around the place checking if everything is finally cleaned, he then looked back down on his wristwatch to check the time. it's five pm right now, mark thought. if mark leaves the shop a little early then he'll have a little time to prepare things.

oh what things is he preparing, you may ask?

well not that big really, he just wanted to make a little surprise for donghyuck, and by surprise, i meant the sunflower that mark brought.

walking back inside the kitchen, he placed down his apron on one of the racks. "i'll leave first!" mark shouted across the room and immediately received a lot of groans and whines.

"that's so unfair!" someone shouted back, as he lifts his head up from cleaning the table, "how can you leave so early and we can't?"

mark only lets out a small laugh, fishing his car keys inside his pocket, "i told our manager about it and i have something important to do." while yuna cleans the counter, she looked over to the older and gave him a teasing smile. 

"something important thing to do, huh?"

yeah, surprising donghyuck is an important thing to do. donghyuck comes first more than anything else and mark knows that's right.

finally leaving the place, he immediately went towards his car. thankfully mark went back to the coffee shop or else he'll forget his car. silly him, donghyuck has been in his mind all day that he forgot something that costs more than his life—and it is the car.

-----

"should i just i give you a ride?" asked the younger, looking down on his watch. the sun is finally setting, and both jaemin and donghyuck decided to go home.

as usual, donghyuck always waits for mark to pick him up in the library, however, they've stood in front of the place for several hours yet the older is still not here.

sighing, donghyuck buried his hands inside his pockets and gave him a small nod, "can i?"

"of course donghyuck, don't even ask." jaemin quickly replies, walking straight towards his car, "cmon hurry!" the younger shouted when he saw donghyuck still not moving out of his spot.

what is mark doing that he forgot to pick up donghyuck? is he still busy inside his coffee shop, is it because it's weekdays? but if the older is actually busy, he would take the text the younger even if donghyuck's not asking.

when jaemin noticed that the older has been spacing out this whole time he taps the donghyuck's tighs, "why did your mood suddenly change."

raising his brows, donghyuck averted his attention towards the younger, "my mood changed? no of course, not." donghyuck lets out a forced laugh.

is donghyuck perhaps... expecting that mark will pick him up? is he waiting for the older—no. shaking his head, he brushes those thoughts away and looked back at the window.

nevertheless, jaemin just nods, deciding to not make the conversation any longer.

-----

satisfied enough with his work, mark walked back a little to take a clearer look at his creation.

remember the flowers he bought earlier? yup! that's his surprise for donghyuck. he placed the flower just beside the stuffed plushie that donghyuck got in the amusement park, and decorated it just a little.