thirty-two.

"here he goes again," jiwoo said, who also works inside the coffee shop, as he looks at the older male, "he's not always like that, right?" asking yuna who is standing beside him.

she nods, "i agree." yuna replied as both of them observes mark who's staring blankly to literally nowhere, "do you think this has something to do with him and his soulmate?" mark seems so lifeless and emotionless throughout the whole day, not talking like how much he used to, "or... maybe he's just having a bad day." she added.

jiwoo agrees as his eyes landed on their wall clock, "it's getting pretty late now." said jiwoo, taking off his apron as yuna did the same. 

both of them started taking their bags, ready to walk out of the coffee shop but mark on the other side stayed spacing out, "mark," yuna calls out, which she did successfully got mark's attention, "we're heading out now."

the older just nods, still manage to shot both of them a smile, "stay safe." mark simply said. the moment both of them walked out of the shop, mark lets out a sigh, running a hand through his hair.

to be completely honest, he's having such a bad day today. first, he woke up late with donghyuck not even bothering to wake him up which he ended up being late to his work. next, he spilled coffee on one of his customers, resulting in him getting scolded by his manager—you name it. all of the worst possible things that could happen just happened to him.

deciding to just brush those thoughts off, he calms his mind one more time before deciding to close all of the lights inside the coffee shop and securely locking the glass door.

one thing that has been in his mind all day is donghyuck, donghyuck, donghyuck. just donghyuck. he doesn't feel the same way every time he sees the younger like before, it seems so... different and he doesn't know the reason why.

but something inside him wanted to know the answer.

after minutes of just staring at his steering wheel, mark decided to start the car, driving back to his house.

-----

donghyuck has been missing a lot of calls from jaemin for the past few days because it's been a long time since he went to the library. he never told jaemin the reason why, but he feels like he can't tell the younger the reason why.