three.

the canadian male woke up by the sound of his alarm—or his phone—lazily grabbing it, he checked the time, 9:30, "mhm, too early.." he placed his head down once again and closed his eyes.

knock! knock!

it's too early in the morning the older thought. groaning, he dragged himself up and opened the door. "happy birthday!"

mark's eyes finally opened, flinching a bit with the sudden shout. he saw his brother jisung holding a cake and his foreign friends, jaehyun, johnny, and ten behind the younger.

luckily for both johnny and ten they are soulmate, well... jaehyun, he doesn't have a foreign boo, but to be honest, his boyfriend is hot.

"is it?" he jumped back down on his bed and grabbed his phone.

his eyes widened. august 2? dang, he didn't even know his birthday. "wow." he chuckled, dryly.

"get up!" johnny said and slapped his butt. "get up, so we could party! party!"

mark nodded and all of his friends went towards the kitchen but jisung stayed. "did mom and dad already greeted you?" the younger asked and placed his hands on his waist.

growing up, jisung isn't really that close to his parents because they moved into seoul when he was thirteen and leaving mark and him living their lives alone.

mark shook his head and stood up from his bed. "they will later," mark chuckled and threw his hands on jisung's shoulder. "i didn't even know it's my birthday." the older chuckled and ruffled jisung's hair.

walking downstairs, they saw his friends already having chaos. "mark!" jaehyun shouted. "sit here!" he settled mark at the end of the dining table and made him wear a party hat.

"quick!" all of them said in chorus. mark closed his eyes tightly and clasped his hands together as he make a wish.

"i wish... i wish i could meet my soulmate as fast as possible." as he opens his eyes, he blew the candle and all of them clapped their hands.

"dude!" jaehyun squealed, pointing at mark's neck making all of them dramatically gasped. "the mark is forming!" jaehyun said and jumped up and down.

mark quickly walked towards his bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. rubbing his neck, the mark has finally formed. "it's red?" he questioned himself, and dashed back towards his friends.

"ooooh.." all of them squealed. "what if it's... donghyuck?" johnny said, whispering the last word.

the canadian male immediately fell silent. he looked at the ground as memories flashed when they were younger, when he fucked up. "c'mon i'm just kidding." the taller male laughed awkwardly, trying to lift up the mood.

his past with donghyuck—his used to be bestfriend—isn't really good and they all know that. the older gave a small smile, and sat back at the dining table. after a few seconds his phone popped a notification.

mom
"happy birthday son! did you finally got your mark? btw this is dad."

mom
happy birthday son! did you finally got your mark? btw this is dad.

mark
oh. thanks dad!

mark
and yeah, i finally got the mark

mom

really? what's the color?

mark
it's red.

mom
ooohhh, hope she's beautiful!

mark
yeah. i hope so too.

mark
alright, goodbye, i'm celebrating with my friends and jisung.

mom
ok son, take care!

"who's that?" jisung tried to peek at his brother's phone, when mark already turned it off. "is that mom and dad?" the older nodded.

"yeah, they asked of i already got my soulmate," the older smiled, and ruffled the younger's hair. "he still uses mom's phone." they both chuckled.

"hey, hey," a voice spoked and both of the siblings jolt their heads towards the direction. "here's your present!" ten said, and extended the box. "that equals three of us, so that means that's the only gift you're getting from us."

mark snorted and just shurgged, untying the ribbon and ripping the wrapper off, he was only left white box. as he opens it, "planner?" asked the older, lifting the gift up.

"yes," ten said, and this was actually his idea. "so you can get your life together." all of his friends burts into laughter, including his brother. "just be thankful."

"i am!" the older defended. he looked at his brother jisung for a few seconds. "what?" the younger raised his brows up.

"gift." mark simply said, shooting his younger brother with puppy eyes. "alright, alright," jisung said, and raised his hands up in surrender.

he walked towards his bag and grabbed a somewhat rectangular small box and handed it to his brother, "bet, that's just a pen, and put it in a box to be boujee." said ten.

"shut up." jisung said.

"hey! i'm older than you!"

"i'm taller than you."

"hey!—"

"okay," mark interrupted, and johnny just pulled ten by his waist. "can i open my gift now?"

all of them nodded and patiently waited for the gift to be open, all of them staring at it with full interest.

as the moment mark ripped a piece of the wrapper, his eyes immediately widend, the second he peeks the box, he dashed towards his brother and hugged him tightly.

"what's that?" all of them said in unison. mark broke the hug and walked back to his box.

roughly ripping it, he lift the box up, "samsung 10!"

all of their hopes immediately dropped as they saw the box, they were expecting it to be something exciting, but remembering mark is a whore for samsung, they just smiled.

"i've been dying to change my 8 one." mark said and the box completely opened.

"you know what that means hyung?" jisung asked and mark raised his brows. "you now have to buy me an iphone 11."