thirty.

shuffling here and there, as he tries his best to hide his face inside of his hoodie. seeing someone exited the shop made him quickly hides behind a tree, holding his breath, wishing that no one saw him.

just when he saw the footsteps fade into the distance, he then fixed himself and as he walk out behind the tree. donghyuck doesn't exactly what he's doing but here he is now, trying to act normal while walking towards the shop. "aha!"

path is clear, now just try to act like a normal customer, donghyuck said to himself.

finally walking towards the glass door, he peaked his head and the shop trying to see if people is giving him a single fuck, but luckily there's no one which made donghyuck let out a breath that he didn't know he's holding.

walking towards the counter, a voice then greeted him, "welcome! what can i get for yo" the moment she stopped here voice made donghyuck look down from the menu to the barista, "donghyuck?"

the tanned male furrowed his brows at the sudden call of his name. does she know her? why is she suddenly calling my name? questions then started flowing inside his head.

no way... does she perhaps knows—

"you're mark's soulmate, right?" she asked with a bright smile on her face.

and that's when his plan is ruined. he really thought no one, literally no one will recognize him-well except for mark who works inside this coffee shop, but as of now, he still hasn't seen the older yet.

"i'm yuna," she said, while sticking her hands out, "i'm mark's friendwell co-worker will do too."

donghyuck shook her hands, with the same smile yuna is giving her. "uhh..." donghyuck started, "h-how do you know my name?"

instead of letting donghyuck pay for his drink, yuna refused his pay gave it to him for free. now here they are sitting at one of the tables as yuna talks. "mark told me a lot of stories about you!" yuna started, "so that why i know."

donghyuck nodded before he took a sip of his coffee. "but nowadays, he seem quiet," yuna continues, "back then he used to tell me about you but now... haven't heard a story from him for a while."

that's weird, donghyuck thought. he now remembers that one time when he arrived at their house and he didn't even receive a single greeting from mark. he so used to mark greeting him whenever he comes home (and he proceeds to ignore the older) but now, mark doesn't even spare him a glance.

"now i'm going to tell you a story," yuna said, as she gulps his coffee, "i remember that one time when mark used to ask me about small gifts to give their soulmates, he will literally spend all his money for that specific gift."

donghyuck's brows curved up as a memory flashed inside his head. so mark just ad to spend his money on that one ring he got him? he even remembered mark telling him that it's not that pricy when the truth is it costs more than his life.

but why would mark spend his money to donghyuck even though he mark knows that the younger is just going to reject it?