Mondays

*I'd just like to preface this by saying that this is bad. Most of my writing is mediocre, it's readable, but nothing special. This however, is bad. It's so bad I thought about scraping it and writing something new, however I didn't have the time to write anything long enough so I'm really, really sorry. Next month's one-shot will be better than this one.*

*Modern day AU where Alice and Alfred are adults now and they're married with kids. They have a nine year old son named Alan and year-old twins named Lewis and Carolyn.*

TW: Cops, but it's a nine year old playing cops, Nerf guns, food mention, and mild swearing.

"Goddamnit!" Alice sighed loudly, throwing toast on the ground in defeat. She'd been trying to make sandwiches for her and Alan's lunch, but the toaster had other ideas. No matter what she tried, the toast wouldn't stop popping up completely burned. On top of that, Alfred was away for work, Alice was behind schedule on her writing, and on today of all days the twins were both deciding to be extra fussy. She'd tried everything and had finally gotten Carolyn to stop crying when she held her, but every time she'd set her down, she'd start crying again. So, Alice was trying to make lunch with her year old daughter in her arms. Outside, Alan was playing cops and Lewis was on the swing-set, crying. When she'd first put him out there he'd finally stopped crying for a bit, (just long enough for her to burn the toast a few times) but now he was crying again and Alan was kicking imaginary villains, completely oblivious to his crying brother. Alice sighed and walked outside, throwing the burnt bread in the compost bin on the way. "Alan I thought I told you to get me if Lewis was crying" Alice said, setting Carolyn in the swing next to Lewis and picking him up. "Sorry mom, crime stops for no one" Alan said, climbing up into his tree house. "The zombies are coming! Fire!" Alan hollered, shooting Nerf bullets into the side of the house. Carolyn was now crying again and Alice was trying to calm her and Lewis both. "Alan don't shoot Nerf bullets into the house" Alice said, putting Lewis back in the swing. "Sorry mom" Alan said, aiming his Nerf gun towards the corner of the fence. Alice sighed, pushing the twins swings a bit in an attempt to calm them. Carolyn was the first to calm down and eventually Lewis did too. Alice took the twins inside and fed them some lunch before trying to put them down for a nap. Lewis fell asleep very quickly and Alice sighed in relief when he fell asleep. Carolyn however, was a different story. She cried and fussed for about half an hour before Alice was finally able to calm her down and get her to sleep. Alice was just putting Carolyn into her crib when suddenly from the kitchen a loud cry of "Mom I shot one of my Nerf bullets into the neighbor's yard!" awoke the sleeping twins. Alice cursed under her breath and poked her head out of the twin's room. "We can get it later buddy! I'm trying to put the twins to sleep!" She heard Alan yell back an okay and head back outside. Another forty five minutes later, the twins were finally asleep and Alice headed back to the kitchen to figure out what to make for lunch. She found a box of macaroni in the pantry and started boiling water to cook it. Soon, lunch was ready and she took it outside for her and Alan. Alice sat at the backyard table and Alan joined her, digging into his mac and cheese. "Mom I killed all the zombies and protected the civilians! Don't worry no one got infected, the zombies were already dead, I just rekilled them." He said happily between bites. "Good job bud, I think you're the best police officer I've ever seen." Alice said with a smile. Sure, parenting was a trial, but it was worth every minute.