Senior Year

*I'm back baby!! And I start my senior year of highschool in like five days, so here's this!*

September 2022

Alice took a deep breath as she stepped off the schoolbus and onto the familiar campus. First day of senior year. She didn't think she'd be this nervous. It was just another day of school, another day to walk into the auditorium and stand on her beautiful stage, another day to be greeted by her friends in choir, another day of high school. But it had all gone by so fast, it felt like just yesterday was freshman orientation and she was walking alongside her drama teacher, trying not to trip in her nice new heels, grinning like an idiot and asking WAY too many questions about everything. Alice shook her head at the memory. She'd been so enthusiastic as a freshman, she still, after four years, didn't understand how her drama teacher put up with her sometimes.

Her first class was a teaching course, she'd decided to take it on a whim, not just because it filled her final elective credit requirement, no, of course not, but because she'd always been told she'd be a good teacher, and although she had no intention of being a schoolteacher, she figured it would be good if she taught independent classes of some sort one day. She didn't know anyone in the class, but she'd figured she wouldn't. Her other two classes were the ones that really mattered to her, musical theater choir and chamber drama. Of course, she was taking online college courses as well, BUT those didn't start for another two weeks. The first day was always nice, just getting to know the teacher and reading the class syllabus. The bell rang and Alice grinned as she practically RAN back to her favorite place on campus. The auditorium. She ran her fingers across the blue seats in the house as she headed down the vom to the stage. She set her bag down in the front row and stood downstage, gazing out into the house. It was going to be a strange year. There was a new choir teacher and the drama teacher was out on maternity leave until December, meaning the fall play would certainly be different. But what worried Alice the most was that most of her friends were gone. Her sister had moved away in January, Tabitha was leaving for college in a few weeks, Alfred was moving away around the same time as Tabitha, Alice was scared. Of course they'd still be friends, Alice texted her sister at least once a week and she'd be texting her friends at least once a week too, but she'd be all alone. She had Nigel, who was like a son to her (despite him being only a couple years younger) but because he was like a son she felt protective over him, she felt like she had to be all grown up. She was still only 17, she just wanted to have fun and feel young again. She wanted to go back to freshman year and do it all over again, without any interruptions this time. A voice took her out of her musings. "Glad to be back?" She turned around to see him in the backstage doorway. "ALFRED!!!" She exclaimed happily, practically flinging herself at him. She held onto him, burying her face in his neck. "I missed you" "You saw me two days ago" "I still missed you though" she said, pulling away and kissing his hand. He kissed hers in return and let her lead him centerstage. "How are you feeling?" He asked, knowing her worries about this year. "Scared, but I'm ready to face whatever happens. What about you? Are you okay?" Alice worried, always so worried about her friends, but especially so about her dear, dear, white rabbit. He squeezed her hand in reassurance. "I'm doing okay Alice, I'll tell you if I'm not." She squeezed his hand back. "That better be a promise mister." He smiled. "I promise." The second bell rang, signaling a minute was left before class would start. Alice hugged Alfred again, holding him tight as other students began to file in. "Ready for senior year?" He asked as she pulled away. She gave him a quick kiss on the check. "Ready as I'll ever be"