We both

*Hey everyone! I've got something a little different for you this month, since I haven't had time to finish reading the Alice by heart book and my next one-shot needs some info from that. I took some of the lyrics from the song "We Both" from the podcast musical "36 Questions" and wrote little blurbs with Alice and Alfred since I really feel like this song goes well with them. (I'm actually writing a full Alice by Heart parody of this song, if you want to see it when it's finished leave a comment!) I'll have a full one-shot up in May as well as an original short story, so be on the lookout for that!*

*TW: Being drunk and giggly

We both think you look great in a knit sweater

"Come on, I wanna see!" Alice laughed. "Alright, are you ready?" Alfred asked from the thrift store dressing room. "Yes! Show me please!" Alice begged. "Tada!" Alfred said, stepping out wearing a light grey sweater. "Oh Alfie it looks so good on you!" Alice gasped. "It's so nice isn't it!" Alfred agreed. 

We both are not totally straight

"Alice? Is this straight?" Alfred called from the living room. Alice poked her head out from the bedroom, and smiled mischievously. "Alfie, dearest, that's our bisexual flag honey, of course it's not straight." Alice said lovingly. Alfred sighed. "I should have expected that" "You know you love me!" Alice called as she headed back into the bedroom. Alfred chuckled. "That I do"

We both like drinking hot tea in warm weather

"Mhn yes, Beverage." Alfred said as Alice handed him his travel mug filled with hot tea. "Thank you my dear" He said, taking a sip. "You're welcome honey." Alice said, sipping her tea as well. It was the middle of spring and the couple sat on a bench outside the local theater, taking a quick break from rehearsals. "Vocal lubrication, station, in a constellation, on vacation...having a situation" Alfred sang, bobbing his head like a parrot. "What are you doing?" Alice laughed. "I don't know, I'm just making this up to make you laugh." Alfred smiled. Alice smiled and shook her head. "I love you" "I love you too"

We both like when you tell me the plots of bad movies

"Wait a killer moose?!" Alice laughed. "This sounds so bad but so good" Alfred nodded giggling as he spoke. "I think it takes place in Canada" Alice smiled. "We are so having the gang over to watch this"

We both think we have the best worst name for a band

"Ok ok no that is not" Alice slurred drunkenly. "It is!" Alfred drunkenly insisted. "It's not!" Alice giggled. "If the band" Alfred started. "had a chickens-" "The chickens" Alice interrupted. "The chickens, and they called it "The Cocks", but the mascot, was a chicken," Alice burst out laughing, Alfred soon joining in.

We both say the other is better at cooking

"Liar! That is a lie, and you know it!" Alfred emphasized, pointing at Alice. "You were the one who made those "eat me" cookies, and those were impeccable!" He said. "That's not cooking that's baking and that's different!" Alice responded. "You made dinner last night and it was amazing!" She argued. "It wasn't nearly as good as these pancakes you made!" Alfred argued back, gesturing to the pancakes Alice had made the two of them for breakfast. "You're right, it was better!" Alice said smugly. "No it wasn't!" "Yes it was!" "No it wasn't!" "Yes it was!" The couple stared at each other for a minute before bursting into laughter. "Agree to disagree" Alice said through her laughter. 

We both hate that kitchen island we built

"Oh" "Yeah, we hecked up" Alfred sighed. The kitchen island they'd tried to build was built by two people who had just barely passed shop class (One of who'd jammed the nail gun)  and it was entirely obvious that it was. The edges were rough despite countless attempts at sanding them, and the couple had used too much stain on the wood, making it permanently sticky. "Well" Alice sighed. "At least we didn't hurt ourselves in the process." Alfred nodded with a playful smile. "And at least we didn't jam the nail gun"

We both put up a fight for all the right reasons

"Please Alfie?" Alice begged, the local humane society's website open on her laptop. "Alice..." Alfred chided. "Please? She needs a home Alfie! We'd take good care of her! Please?"

And we both eventually give

"Dinah, Dinah look at the camera Dinah!" Alfred cooed, snapping a photo as the tiny kitten Alice held turned her head to look at him. Alice kissed the kitten's little baby head and cooed at her. Alfred came and stood next to Alice, putting one hand on Alice's back and petting Dinah with the other. "Look at you, pretty kitty. Sweet baby girl" Alfred cooed. Alice turned to Alfred with a grin. "And to think, you didn't think we needed a kitten"