Because I love you

Fading sunlight danced across the living room and across the newlyweds who were curled up together on the cream colored loveseat cuddling and reading Alice's newly published book. Alfred lay with his head in Alice's lap and Alice sat petting his hair. Moments like this were some of the couple's favorite moments. The hectic buzz of life paused and instead became a gentle hum in fading golden light. Life had been kind of crazy for the couple for the past year or so what with planning their wedding and work. Alice had been working on her first book and had recently gotten it published and Alfred had recently gotten cast as understudy Connor Murphy in a production of a new show called "Dear Evan Hansen". Between acting, writing, and wedding planning the couple had been very busy that year. But now they were married, Alice had her book published and Alfred's show had ended and the two of them were basking in their newlywed bliss.

"Too accustomed they all were, by now, to cries through the night."

Alice read aloud, Alfred listening intently.

"To wounded bodies scuffling by. Like so many contorted limbs of trees and scattered leaves, those abject sleepers lay bestrewn on those stairs, both guarding and blocking the way to this Underworld realm." 

Alfred reached for Alice's hand. "This is beautiful darling" Alice smiled at him. "You're beautiful. I couldn't have written this book if it wasn't for you"

Alfred started to get up and Alice leaned down and kissed him. After a minute she pulled away blushing. Alfred was smiling like a dork.

"What was that for?"

He asked still grinning.

"Because I love you"

Alice replied returning the grin. Alfred sat up and reconnected his and Alice's lips and the two kissed until they could barely breathe.

"What was that for?"

Alice asked face flushed.

"Because I love you"

Alfred replied face twice as red. Alice took Alfred's hands and pulled him off the couch.

"Dance with me"

she said and went over to the record player. She turned on a song they'd danced to many times before and took his hands. They waltzed to the music in the hazy faded light and Alice rested her head on Alfred's shoulder. He rested his head on hers and they stayed like that for a while. Soon all the light had faded and they were left holding each other in the dark.

Eventually they continued with their evening but for that moment they were content in each other's arms, the shadows falling around them unable to contain them as they held each other dear in their hearts.

*This wasn't the best but oh well I tried you can pretend it's cute. :) Also, I GOT THE ALICE BY HEART BOOK!!!!!!!! I'm so happy, I started reading it and it's amazing and wonderful and I love it so much :)*