April fools

Neither Alice nor Alfred had been much of an April fools person growing up. It wasn't like either one disliked the holiday it was just generally forgotten about in both of their households. But now that the couple was married and living together Alice was trying to think of a clever way to prank her husband. She wouldn't do anything mean of course, but she wanted to do something a little silly that would make Alfred laugh. April first was rapidly approaching and she had yet to find a prank that wasn't shocking. It was frankly concerning how many pranks on the internet were plain mean, or even dangerous. It was just two days before the start of the month when Alice found the perfect prank. It didn't take much preparation, it wasn't mean-spirited or harmful, and it was exactly the kind of thing that Alfred would enjoy. On April first she woke up early and got the prank all set up. When Alfred woke up and went into the kitchen Alice was seated at the counter eating a bowl of cereal and checking her phone. "Morning Love" Alfred said giving her head a kiss. "Morning my dear. Have you checked the weather? It's a little muggy outside." Alice said. "Really? In April?" Alfred asked, heading to the front window to check. He pulled away from the window laughing. "April fools" Alice smiled as she followed Alfred outside to see all of their mugs spread out on the front lawn. Alfred doubled over laughing and Alice stood next to him grinning widely, feeling very proud of her prank. When he stopped laughing he turned to her and smiled. "Alice I adore you" He said, still out of breath. "And I adore you Alfred. I'm glad you liked the prank" She said and grabbed his hand. As the sun rose over the couple they began picking up the mugs. And of course, planning pranks for next year.