Golden Afternoon

"Every girl dreams about her wedding day" Alice's mother had told her when she was young. "It's one of the most beautiful days of your life"

At this moment, Alice couldn't help but agree. She and Alfred were getting married after having been together for almost seven years. That morning they'd graduated from college and now, in the golden sunlight of the afternoon they were getting married. Alice's hair was up in a bun with two curled bits framing her face. Her wedding dress had been her mother's all those years ago. She and Alfred were having an outdoor wedding at a beautiful park with a gazebo. The sky was a brilliant wonderland blue spotted with clouds like rabbit tails and the grass was a bright green. The rest of the wedding, was very white. White gazebo, white chairs, white suit, white dress. White roses. Alice walked down the isle with her bouquet of white roses in her hands, smiling with uncontrollable joy at Alfred, who had the same smile on his face. She came to the end of the isle and stood in front of Alfred as the wedding march came to an end. Time seemed to stop and speed up all at once and soon it was time for vows. "Alice, my lovely Alice" Alfred began. "Our story began on a golden afternoon much like this one so many years ago. I was prancing around in my backyard and you had just moved in next door and you poked your head over the fence and asked what I was doing. That day was the day our story began. Ten years later we were sitting under the tree in my backyard on another golden afternoon, reading our book of wonder when you leaned in and kissed me. As it turns out, we had both been hopelessly pining after each other for a year. Three years after that we graduated high school together and I asked you to marry me. Although, it technically wasn't a real proposal because I just blurted out "marry me" and you said yes and we kissed in my mom's car. The real proposal happened two years ago. And although many stories end with a wedding, our story isn't nearly done. You have this ability to find all the wonder in a world of hurt. You are the most wonderful, most talented, smartest, kindest, and most beautiful person I have ever met. I can't wait to be your husband." Alice wiped a happy tear from her cheek and began her vows. "My dear dear Alfred, the day you and I met you invited me into your world and it became ours. Our world was always there, full of laughter and wonder even in the darkest of times. Our world has the bluest of skies, the pinkest of flamingos and the most golden of afternoons. But my favorite part of our world is you. You, who's always there with your brightest of smiles and your melodic laughter. You with your sparkling eyes and adorable bedhead. You, who I love more than anyone else in the world. You are the most important person in my life Alfred. And I'm so ready to spend forever with you. I've spent so long chasing after you my white rabbit. And now here we are, you and I getting ready to begin a new chapter of our wonderful, colorful story. Alfred, I love you. I love your sense of humor, your kindness, your resilience, everything. I'm so ready to be your wife." Alfred smiled at Alice and the ceremony continued, leading up to the moment the couple had been waiting so long for. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride!" Alice and Alfred shared a sweet, joyful kiss and walked to the next chapter of their life together, hand in hand, as husband and wife.

*Sorry about having a shorter one-shot this month everyone! I'm trying to get all my school stuff done for the end of the year and we've been rearranging furniture at my house so I've been pretty busy! Also I haven't been to a wedding since I was seven so sorry if the vows are not accurate! :)*