𝟜

The rooms were all strangely quiet, not even a single insect stirred in the place as you all entered through the back door and into a dark room. You couldn't decide whether you found it creepy or tranquil.

You removed your sandals and left them at the door, realizing suddenly how much pain your right foot really was in. You were about to say something to Inosuke but realized he doesn't even wear socks underneath which would have kept them cleaner. Only sandals.

What the--such unprofessional attire. I could never You thought, shaking your head slowly.

upon entering, three of you sat on a mat in the center of the room, and the yellow-haired boy rushed to light a candle inside of a small bronze oil lamp.

There was a brief moment of silence where you all looked at each other. Then the red-haired boy looked down at his hands in his lap "I guess I should start by introducing myself first" He looked up to meet your gaze "I'm Tanjiro Kamado, and this is Zenitsu--" "HEY! LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF to the lady here~" Zenitsu interjected, rushing to sit down in front of you with a starry look in his eyes.

You blushed out of secondhand embarrassment What is he doing?!

"I'm single-I mean, Zenitsu Agatsuma" he grinned leaning towards you with a dazed look on his face "And you are?"

"U-UHMM..." You struggled to find the words you were just thinking of, distracted by this uncomfortable situation. 

You swayed your head to the side, catching the eyes of Inosuke and Tanjiro as you signaled subtly for help. Clueless as they were, however, they only stared at you expectantly and waited for your answer.

Zenitsu nearly gave you a heart attack when you looked away from the others only to find him inches from your face.

"GEEEZ, BACK UP WILL YOU!! You need to treat women with RESPECT before you start doing stuff like this!" You planted your foot on his chest and pushed him back, but he whined in response, reaching for you through your defensive position.

"Zenitsu will you please let her speak-" but before Tanjiro could finish his sentence, Inosuke charged, headbutting Zenitsu in his side and sending the both of them rolling into the wall.

"HEY!" Zentisu sat up, glaring at Inosuke "JUST WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING YOU CRAZY BITCH-"

"I'LL SHOW YOU CRAZY!!"

"DON'T YOU KNOW WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE QUIET SO WE DON'T GET CAUGHT IN HERE?! THEY DON'T KNOW YOU GUYS ARE IN HERE"

You scooted away from the fight and looked to your left, realizing that Tanjiro was struggling to put on a brave face right now. Although his face looked otherwise calm, his eyes were wide open and one eyelid twitched, and his fists trembled in his lap.

"WHY ARE YOU EVEN ATTACKING ME HUH!? THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU"

"CAUSE YOU'RE MAKIN ME UNCOMFORTABLE WITH THAT WEIRD SHIT YOU'RE DOING"

"I DID NOTHING WRONG"

the two boys wrestled on the floor until Zenitsu's back knocked into a tall wooden box in the corner of the room.

The box teetered on its edge and then fell, the door swinging open as it did so.

Everyone paused, eyes transfixed on the small creature that rolled limply like a doll out of it.

"Nezuko!" Tanjiro smiled softly, chuckling. This time, you noticed, he seemed much less focused on the other two, which calmed him down

This 'Nezuko' thing stood up after hearing its name called and started to grow dramatically in size, reaching a normal height. You knew this was a demon from the moment it--or, she--rolled out of the box.

But you were conflicted. How could such a terrifying creature be so adorable at the same time?

Nezuko tilted her head and closed her eyes, her long black hair swishing behind her. It was almost as if she were smiling, but you couldn't tell through the bamboo muzzle on her mouth. Despite being a demon, she looked well cared for and friendly.

Still, you placed a hand on your sword's sheath, steeling yourself for an attack.

Tanjiro caught sight of this and leaped in front of Nezuko "WAIT--DON'T! Don't hurt her. This is my little sister, Nezuko. She's not going to attack you. She doesn't eat humans."

Hey, wait a minute...I'd have thought Inosuke would be the first to attack. Where is he?

In the corner of your eye, you could see Zenitsu holding Inosuke back with an alarmingly powerful grip. Zenitsu barely even looked at Inosuke, though, he was entranced by Nezuko's beauty.

"Tanjiro, are you sure?" You frowned, taking your hand away from the hilt of your sword "I'd hate to get devoured in my sleep, or something"

"I'd let her eat me in my sleep, anything for her attention" Zenitsu whispered, earning him a kick in the gut from Inosuke "OW-"

Tanjiro nodded "I'm absolutely sure she isn't going to harm anyone. She sees all humans like family, so you have nothing to worry about."

You had so many questions burning in your mind, but it was getting far too late for you to even care anymore.

"U-um...nice to meet you Nezuko. And you guys too, Tanjiro and Zenitsu." you dipped your head towards Nezuko, and smiled in Tanjiro's direction "I hope it's not bad timing for me to introduce myself but, my name is (Y/N) (L/N). I've been traveling with Inosuke for the past few days and we just now made it here from Final Selection."

"Ah, I think I remember you two!" Zenitsu chimed in "Congrats on making it out alive. You must've taken a longer route since you're here a day later than us."

Oh, that's right, we did take a really long route here...damn it. I need to get better with my navigation skills

"It seems so" You yawned, laying back on the mat with your eyes half-closed "I've never gone into these parts before, I don't know it very well...I suppose we would've gotten lost in the woods by now looking for a shelter if it weren't for you guys."

Your eyes were closed now, but you could hear two people approaching you.

You continued to speak, but your voice was becoming softer "I don't even have any food left on me. I brought a lot but most of it was stolen from me on my way up the mountain, long before I even met anyone here."

"Is that so?" This was Tanjiro's voice, fading out as you began to fall asleep "You guys could come along with us if you like."

"I know this place pretty well, and I've got enough food to share with you two if you do decide to accompany us on our next mission."

"WHAT?! NO, WE DONT-" Zenitsu started, but Tanjiro silenced him.

"mmh...sure. Fine, We'll join you." You muttered, and that was the last thing you remembered saying to them before falling asleep.