𝟡

You awoke the next morning to the sound of water trickling over rocks and the soft breaths of another at your side.

You were curled into a fetal position, staring at your knees. Blinking slowly and rubbing the dirt from your eyes, you recalled the events of last night's venture into the woods.

After you and Inosuke's short-lived moment together under the full moon, you both made your way back. As expected, the two of you didn't speak to each other at all the entire walk back, but just before you laid down to sleep that night, you sidled up to his chest just a little bit--surprisingly, he fell asleep with no complaints.

AH...so that's what happened... You looked up from your knees and sure enough, he was laying there at your side.

His emerald eyes were locked onto yours, catching the light of the afternoon sun beaming through the trees. His eyes, you inhaled sharply are so strikingly beautiful. I've never seen anyone with eyes like that.

Shit, this is weird. I can't just stare at him.

You rolled over onto your back and yawned, stretching all four limbs outward and arching your back against the ground. "Morning" You spoke up, finally breaking the unbearable silence.

"Hey..." he grumbled in response "Has anyone ever told you how lazy you are?! You've been asleep for ages."

WHA- HOW RUDE!  You sit up, turning to face him in an instant "EXCUSE ME?!"

"YEAH! THAT'S RIGHT! YOU SLEPT FOR FOUR EXTRA HOURS!!"

You crawled towards him and grabbed a fistful of his hair, yanking him towards you

"I DON'T CONTROL MY SLEEPING PATTERNS YOU JERK!! MAYBE IF YOU HADN'T DECIDED TO BE A STUPID ASSHOLE LAST NIGHT AND RUN AWAY I WOULD'VE WOKEN UP JUST FINE"

(This scene was far too tempting not to draw!!! ^v^'' I like how my sketches look better than finished works so I just left it how it is)

His hand went straight for your wrist

"HEY!! NO ONE TOLD YOU TO COME FIND ME ANYWAYS. I WAS FINE!!"

Your expression relaxed a bit. That one kind of hurt.

"I--I DID IT BECAUSE I WANTED TO...I..."

You trailed off, the both of you waiting for the other's response.

Thankfully, Zenitsu walked up to you guys just in the nick of time to distract you with something unimportant.

"(Y/n)! Inosuke!" He called, stopping in his tracks when the two of you looked up from your offensive positions "Uhm...am I interrupting something?"

You both let go of each other and stood up, dusting yourselves off

"No! That's quite alright. Please continue" You chirped, trying hard to mask the whirlwind of emotions twisting in your gut.