𝟙𝟛

((Recap; alright basically, they found Takeda's little brother in a cave in the mountain and found out that the children were having their limbs eaten one by one and replaced with doll parts.))

Inosuke's POV

A short distance from where Inosuke stood, Tanjirou was fighting her off at the mouth of the cave. His attacks, Inosuke noticed, were being used purely as defense.

Zenitsu, who stood pressed against a wall clutching his stomach in one hand, didn't look like he was going to be the one to finish the job either.

Since the demon was repeatedly trying to leave and chase after Konoe, it was going to be easier to kill her without her noticing.

Better make this one count Inosuke mused with a smug grin

"Alright old hag, enough games," Inosuke raised his voice "It's time to meet your fate."

"PIG ASSAULT!!" He screamed, running at full speed towards her

The demon whirled around, her expression pulled into one of true fear. The way she turned and met his gaze with horror; Inosuke couldn't describe the feeling, but it gave him such a rush. He could feel the sheer power pumping through his veins.

Now I remember why I put up with the bullshit. Just for this one moment...

Second fang: RIP N TEAR

Two blades sliced through flesh

The head of the beast, along with a small golden key, dropped to the cave floor. "A key? This keeps getting weirder...maybe I should just leave it" He mumbled to himself at first.

NO save it, someone may ask about a key later!! Your voice echoed in the back of his head. It wasn't like you'd said anything like that to him before, it was just what he imagined you'd say.

Inosuke decided promptly, with the persuasion of your disembodied voice in his head, to pick up the key.

"You should return that key to it's rightful owner..."

Inosuke whirled around to look at the head of the demon. Oh? it's talking the other two gathered around as well to listen

"To the Asami residence. I may die a sinner but at least I want to have died knowing Konoe and Takeda have my apologies. I know more than anyone how it is to lose a child."

Your POV

You stood, astonished. It had only been a while since you left but upon your return, you discovered the demon woman's head rolling by your foot on the ground and fading away on the wind into ash.

Everyone was a little beat up. You could tell they tried their hardest.

And sure enough, the children had all broken free from the trance and were staring around with wide eyes.

"Tanjirou, Inosuke, Zenitsu" Your lip quivered. You were holding back tears trying to finish your sentence "Konoe was turned into a doll. He's still alive but he's a shell of a human...He wasn't even happy to escape. What are we going to do?"

Their once relieved expressions became those of worry when they looked at you

It's not uncommon for new swordsmen to feel the weight of the trauma after facing a demon that has not only consumed but tortured humans. You never thought it would happen to you, but here you are