96: Wedding Crashers

Three o'clock on the following afternoon found Me, Harry, Ron,Fred, and George standing outside the great white marqueein the orchard, awaiting the arrival of the wedding guests. Harry and I hadtaken a large dose of Polyjuice Potion and was now the double of aredheaded Muggle boy and girl from the local village, Ottery St. Catchpole,from whom Fred had stolen hairs using a Summoning Charm. 

Theplan was to introduce Harry as "Cousin Barny" and me as "Cousin Kathaleen" and trust to thegreat number of Weasley relatives to camouflage us. 

All the guys were clutching seating plans, so that they couldhelp show people to the right seats. A host of white-robed waitershad arrived an hour earlier, along with a golden-jacketed band, andall of these wizards were currently sitting a short distance away under a tree; I could see a blue haze of pipe smoke issuing fromthe spot. 

Behind me, the entrance to the marquee revealed rows androws of fragile golden chairs set on either side of a long purple carpet.

The supporting poles were entwined with white and gold flowers.Fred and George had fastened an enormous bunch of golden balloons over the exact point where Bill and Fleur would shortly become husband and wife. Outside, butterflies and bees were hoveringlazily over the grass and hedgerow. I had coppery-bronze hair again, I used to before an incident with a Basilik. Then my tips became scarlet. I was wearing a red dress, which flared out right before my knees.

"It took you a lot quicker than Ginny and Hermione to get ready." said Ron, looking side-ways at me. 

"It's not my wedding is it?" I said, rolling my eyes "no one will be looking at me." 

"When I get married," said Fred, tugging at the collar of his robes, "I won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can allwear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on Mumuntil it's all over." 

"Not when I get married," I said narrowing my eyes at them "you men better clean up nicely."

"Who are you going to marry, Ems?" asked Ron, shooting a sly glance at Harry. "Malfoy?"

Harry groaned. "Can we not talk about Emma being married?"

"Well, it's a wedding, mate." grinned George "I can't think of a better time or place."

I caught Ron's eye and grinned.

"Mrs Emma Malfoy" I said, tapping my finger on my chin thoughtfully, "it has a good ring to it, no?"

"Certainly, it does" nodded Fred. 

"Where would you have it lil' apprentice?" this was George. 

I thought for a moment. "Somewhere out doors, like the beach, maybe? And there can be twinkle lights all around. It would be privet, I'm not one for big crowds. Too many people to make small talk to."

"Very well chosen" said Ron, sharing a smirk with his brothers.

"It won't happen, not if I don't give you my permission." said Harry, with a finality in his voice as though that settled matters. 

"To quote Ginny; since when have you needed to give me permission to do anything? I dated Malfoy without your permission. And besides, I'm 17, Harry. I'm not getting married for years. You can relax."

"Mum wasn't too bad this morning, considering," said George."Cried a bit about Percy not being here, but who wants him? Ohblimey, brace yourselves — here they come, look."

 Brightly colored figures were appearing, one by one, out of nowhere at the distant boundary of the yard. Within minutes a procession had formed, which began to snake its way up through the gardentoward the marquee. Exotic flowers and bewitched birds fluttered onthe witches' hats, while precious gems glittered from many of thewizards' cravats; a hum of excited chatter grew louder and louder,drowning the sound of the bees as the crowd approached the tent. 

"Excellent, I think I see a few veela cousins," said George, craning his neck for a better look. "They'll need help understanding ourEnglish customs, I'll look after them. . . ."

I smacked his arm. 

 "Not so fast, Your Holeyness," said Fred, and darting past thegaggle of middle-aged witches heading the procession, he said,"Here — permettez-moi to assister vous," to a pair of pretty Frenchgirls, who looked uncomfortable. 

I pulled him back by his dress robes. Turning to the girls I said " Est-ce qu'il te dérange ? Voulez-vous que je lui dise de simplement faire son travail?"

{Translation: Is he bothering you? Would you like me to tell him to simply do his job?}

What? I learnt a little from Fluer's mum.

The older girl looked behind me. " Le comprendre peut-il nous comprendre ?"

{Can they understand us?}

I cast a look behind my shoulder. Ron, Harry, Fred and George were looking at me as though I had suddenly sprouted two heads. 

"What are you talking about?" asked George. 

Turning to the girls, I shook my head. 

" Bon. Eh bien, j'ai un petit ami, mais ma sœur ici a pris goût à votre ami; l'homme à la tête rouge."

{ Good. Well, I have a boyfriend but my sister here has taken a liking to your friend; the red-head man.}

I nodded my head. "Ah, je vois. Personnellement, je me fiche de leur apparence. Mais ils sont assez stupides pour être drôles parfois.

{Ah, I see. Personally, I do not care much for their looks. But they are stupid enough to be funny sometimes.}

The girls laughed and I laughed with them. 

"Emma, you better be doing something to make us more appealing." warned George, I waved him off. 

"De quel homme à tête rouge parlez-vous ?"

{Which one of the red-headed men are you referring to?}

"Celui qui a essayé de parler français" said the younger one "Ta français est belle, au fait."

{The one who tried to speak french. Your french is beautiful, by the way.}

"Merci!" I smiled "Je t'aiderai du mieux que je peux."

{Thank you! I shall help you the best I can.}

Turning to the men, I began explaining. "The elder one has a boyfriend."

"And the younger one?" asked Fred, eagerly. 

"Work your charm, Weasly."