~ T W E L V E ~

Despite the events of last night replaying her head and getting butterflies everytime she thought about her kiss with Draco, Lilith was able to get some sleep. That day, she woke up around noon and spent her day in her family's library reading Les Miserables, another muggle book. Despite the writing being a little hard to comprehend, Lilith managed to finish one third of the book in a short span of time.

She finally gave up on trying to finish it when she felt herself straying away from the reading, once again thinking of her kiss from last night. Luckily for her, there was a knock on the door and it snapped her out of her thoughts. Standing up quickly and making her way to the door before Blemmy could, she practically ran to open it to none other than Blaise.

"Blaise," Lilith cheered but felt guilt inside her. She hadn't written to him or talked to him since she left, "What are you doing here?"

"Actually, I just came to talk to you really quickly," he gestured to the outside of her door, inviting her to stand next to him.

As Lilith stepped out, she remembered Draco was upstairs and closed the door quickly, "What is it?"

"Uh, well," Blaise rubbed the back of his neck, "Listen, Lilith,I really like you and getting to know you at school was great but I think it's best if we just remained friends."

And then it dawned on her. Draco probably told Blaise about their arranged marriage and he was now trying to let her down easy even though it wasn't his fault they couldn't see each other anymore. It was obvious by the way he didn't use his nickname for her, "He told you didn't he?" Lilith sighed.

He understood she knew what was going on and pushed away the show of being the one who wanted to stay friends, when in reality he was quite sad, "Yeah, he told me the day you left but I didn't know if you knew yet so... I waited a little bit."

"Yeah. Blaise, I'm so sorry. This isn't how I wanted things to end between us," Lilith grabbed his hand and smiled at him.

Instead of smiling back at her, Blaise furrowed his brows, "You don't think you're getting rid of me that easily, do you? I'm still your friend, LJ."

Lilith chuckled and sighed in relief, "Good."

"I should be heading back home, but before I go I want to tell you something," when Lilith tilted her head, signaling for him to continue, Blaise cleared his throat, "He's not that bad. Once you get to know the real him, you'll know how worthy he is of nothing short of great."

Lilith stayed silent and simply smiled at him, "Thank you, Blaise," she was at a loss for words because she didn't know there was another side to Draco, or at least she didn't know his real side. Before leaving and going back into her house, Lilith walked towards Blaise and hugged him. In return, Blaise pecked the side of her head and caressed her back.

As she walked inside of her house, after saying bye to Blaise, she didn't know how to feel. Of course one side of her felt sad about her 'relationship' with Blaise ending, but the other side of her felt anger towards Draco because he told Blaise about their marriage, which in turn ruined her plans to tell Blaise on her own time. She didn't know which emotion to focus on so she settled on anger. With anger rising inside of her, Lilith stormed up the stairs to Draco's room, demanding answers from him.

"Draco Lucius Malfoy!" She yelled and when she was in front of his door, she banged her fists on the hard wood, "Open the fucking door right now!"

She heard slow footsteps making their way to the door while she was facing the staircase with her back facing his door, "What the fuck could you want from me at two in the afternoon, Jones?"

When Lilith was about to snap at him again, she stopped moving and saw Draco shirtless with grey sweatpants on and water running down his bear chest. It was clear he had just taken a shower by the towel he had in his hand and the way he pushed his wet hair to the side so it wouldn't bother him. The water from the shower was running down his face as well and when it was too close to his mouth, Draco would lick his lips. His abs were well-defined and his shoulders were broad and muscular. More than ever did Lilith wish she was invisible so she could hide her blush.

"Ah," Draco sighed, "Like what you see?"

"No," Lilith replied and snapped her eyes from his chest to his grey hues. Pushing him aside, she barged into his room and sat on his bed with her arms crossed across her chest.

"What do you want? I was busy, you know?" He closed the door behind him and walked over to his nightstand, where his cologne was.

"Why did you tell Blaise about... us?"

Draco stopped his actions, set down his cologne and turned to Lilith, "He's my best friend, Jones. I wasn't going to allow for his heart to be broken by someone who could not give him everything he deserves."

"I was going to tell him on my own time," she snapped at him.

"If I know Blaise—which I do—then I know for a fact that he reacted in the most kind way possible. I truly think it was better that I told him because I would know how to explain it to him properly. Now, I have some news for you," he said to her as he walked over to the bathroom to set down the towel, completely changing the topic.

"What? Did you tell someone else we were engaged?"

"Actually, no. Your father talked to me yesterday and he told me to spend some time with you."

Lilith wanted to kick something or punch someone. Why did no one bother to consult her when it came to making decisions about her own life? "Oh you have got to be kidding me? No, sorry but no."

"That's not an option, Jones. I'm not going to disrespect your father and you have to remember something: We are both doing this for our families," Lilith frowned when he realized he was right, "I'll meet you outside in a few minutes."