~ F O R T Y - O N E ~

"Come on, Jones," Draco grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the Astronomy Tower.

"Wait," she stopped walking, "What about all of this? The candles and the couch."

"We have magic," he rolled his eyes, "Now, let's hurry up and leave before Filch and his annoying ass cat find us." Lilith hesitated in leaving the mess behind but started walking again when she heard Draco mutter a spell and turned to find the Tower completely clean. She smiled and looked down at the ring in her hand. Draco caught her staring, "Is something wrong?"

She was too focused on the ring that she didn't answer him and she consequently ran into a wall, making Draco snort and Lilith grunt. "Who's there?" The all too familiar voice of Filch ran in their ears. They glanced to their side and saw him turning the corner. Lilith pulled Draco's arm so they could start running. Filch saw their backs and not their faces as they continued to run.

They turned a corner as they got closer to the Slytherin common room and Lilith pushed Draco to one of the walls nearest to them. She quickly began to unbutton his shirt. "Now's not the time, Jones." He reached for her hand but she slapped it away. In a swift motion she pulled the shirt out of his dress pants and pulled it over his head.

"You think he won't realize it's you who's running when he can see your hair, Malfoy?" She pulled his arm again and continued to run.

"Stop!" Filch was catching up to them, turning to their corner and being a couple of feet away from them. Draco and Lilith ran faster, turning different corners to confuse Filch. Soon they heard his footsteps fade and they sighed in relief as they had made their perfect escape together and arrived at their common room.

As they opened the door to enter the room, they laughed as they panted and Draco fixed his shirt. They whispered the password and stepped inside, keeping their eyes on each other. Lilith turned her body to face him as she clutched the ring on her finger to her chest and kissed his lips. She was about to pull him towards her even further, hoping things would go a little farther but she was interrupted by someone.

"Fucking, Merlin! Do not snog in front of me," Lilith and Draco gasped, turning their heads to find Harry, Ginny, Ron, Hermione and Pansy sitting in the couches.

"What—what're you doing here?" The former sensation she was feeling had drifted away as soon as she saw her friends.

"I think you know why," Ginny smirked. She stood up from her spot next to Harry and raced to Lilith, grabbing her hand and inspecting the ring, "Holy shit, Lily! How rich are you, Malfoy?"

"Far more rich than Potter over there," he raised an eyebrow towards Harry.

"Little close there to my engagement there, Malfoy. What's your game here?" Harry asked, narrowing his eyes at him as he sat on the couch with a leg over the other.

"To get married," he rolled his eyes in response.

"I thought you were already engaged," Ron confessed as he sat on the ground with Hermione's head on his shoulder.

Hermione lifted her head to look at Ron, "You need to pay attention, Ronald. I mean, seriously."

Lilith gave them a small smile before speaking, "Wait!" She exclaimed, "How do you guys know?"

Pansy laughed, "We've known for like a month but he didn't show me the ring until today. You're fucking lucky, Lilith."

"A month?" She turned to look at Draco.

He leaned down to whisper in her ear, "I'm filled with surprises, darling." He stood back up correctly

"Get this, Lily!" Everyone turned to look at Ginny, "He even asked me and Harry for our blessing. He's so whipped," she chuckled.

Draco ignored everyone's piercing stare, including Lilith's, and looked around the room, "Pans, are you drinking?" He asked as he made his way to pick up the bottle on the floor.

"Of course I am. Do you think it's easy to be in the same room with these four?" She gestured to the Gryffindors. "I can't believe you made me endure this for almost half an hour. Trust me, you'd be drinking too," she tried to get the bottle back to finish the last couple of drops but Draco yanked it from her reach and lifted it to his lips to swallow what was left. She glared and crossed her arms over her chest in return.

"Oi, what the fuck is going on here?" The wizards and witches turned their heads to the back of the room where they saw Blaise descending from the stairs.

"Mate, were you asleep? At 9 PM?"

"Yes. I need to sleep at least 10 hours in order to have enough energy for the next day," he yawned and rubbed his eyes, "So what's going on?"

"Drac—" Pansy burped and giggled, "Draco and Lilith got engaged."

Blaise's eyes snapped open, "To be married?"

"Yup," Draco replied as he looked at Lilith, paying extra attention to the smile that had formed on her face. In a swift motion he fell to the ground and felt his cheek crashing on the floor, making him grunt at the impact. When he looked up he saw Blaise on top of him, "What the fuck?"

"Congratulations, mate," Blaise stood up, helping Draco do the same. Draco was prepared to shake off the incident up until he felt Blaise's lips make contact with his forehead. Draco scrunched his nose and immediately wiped his skin, making everyone burst out laughing. Draco walked back to Lilith with Blaise behind him, "LJ!" He extended his arms for her and wrapped his arms around her body. "Bloody congratulations," he pulled away but lowered his head to her height, "If you guys ever split up, you can always owl me and I'll be there in a flash."

"Fuck off," Draco pulled Lilith to him, glaring at Blaise.

"It's up to her, Malfoy. Should she ever need someone else, I'm always available... for her," he winked at her.

"He has a point, you know?" She spoke for herself. Draco and Blaise's eyes snapped to her as her eyes darted back and forth between them, "I'll make sure to take you up on that offer should the opportunity ever rise."

"What—"

Blaise smiled, satisfied that she had gone along with what he was saying, "I'm very patient, love," he grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on her knuckles, bringing them back to the moment he had asked her out on a date.