Wally & Zatanna's Apology

"Alright, who will go fi-"

"ME!!!" Wally shrieks, cutting off Barbara.

She simplys rolls her eyes and gestures for him to take the floor.

Wally dramatically puffs out his chest and coughs audible to make sure he had the attention of everyone in the room.

He makes his way around the table and walks to me as I hurriedly get the now boiling pot of hit water off the stove and into the sink. The pot was scolding hot but I decided to use my powers and suppress the pain instead of going to get a towel. I caught Dick's glare at me but I shrug meekly in response.

When Wally reached me I turn to face him, expecting him to make some grand, slightly egotistical, speech.

But he hugs me.

A big hug.

I'm momentarily frozen in place as my brain tries to boot from the sudden action.

"I. am. SO. sorry..." He whispers then to me.

"I-I...ah..." The ability to form basic words failed me. I fought agaisnt looking at the rest of the room to see their reaction and just focus my sight down to Wally's vibrant curly orange-red hair.

"I viewed you as a threat, I though you to be this false enemy and my immediate instincts were to protect my friend from discrimination at any cost. As soon as the blood stopped pumping to my brain, all I felt was overwhelimg regret and shame at my actions. Please, please, forgive me."

I would have NEVER expected such a deep and heartfelt apology from someone who had looked so smug, confident and self rigtheous not more then 5 seconds ago!

I reach up slowly to hug him back when I hear him say,

"M'gann. Show her."

I feel a link connect between me and Wally, and then I immediately feel every emotion he felt not more than 20 minutes after we seperated and how he nearly brokedown to Artemis later that night at their apartment desperately asking her what to do and how to fix things.

The link severed after that but I could peice together that Wally coming out and confessing his actions to Artemis got the ball rolling that led to the current events of what was happening in my (technically Kal's) kitchen.

I then swiftly wrap my hands back around Wally and feircely hug him back, murderously holding back the torrent of tears that threaten to burst forth.

Oh God, this was just ONE apology. How am I going to hold it in for 4 more!? I slightly panic to myself. Well...3 more...I say as I look at Connor. No use deluding myself into thinking I'll get anything heartfelt and touching from him.

After a resonably heathly, I assume, amount of time hugging, Wally pulls back from me and leaves a hand on my shoulder.

Not gonna lie, I wouldn't mind that hug lasting alittle bit long. Like 2 hours more.

"You know what Kara?" Wally then says, quickly snapping me back from my thoughts "If I didn't have an already wonderful and perfect girlfriend, I'd totally go for you."

"That's enough, loverboy" Dick says, choking his friend away from me back by the hoodie collar.

"AAAAAAAAWN!" I and many other girls in the room couldn't help but squeal, to the massive eyeroll of the rest of the men.

Artemis rolls her eyes as her man makes his way to stand behind her.

"Only you can compliment your girlfriend and hit on another woman simultaneously and not get in trouble." She says, but still puches him in the gut, making him lean forward in pain, allowing her to plant a kiss on his cheek to Wally's utter surprise.

"Fucking bloody casanova" Dick grumbled, shaking his head and rolling his eyes at Wally. "Only he can get away with that. When he does it, it's sweet and endaring. But when I do it, I'm the scum of the earth."

"May I remind you that you are still the same idiot who tried to juggle banging two girls in one night, s e p e r a t l y, and dating a 3rd?" Barbara venemously spat at him.

"You said you forgave me for that!" Dick cried.

"Clearly not." Connor mumbled.

"Which one of the 3 was she?" I whisper asked M'gann, pointing at Barbara.

"That's irrelevant," Dick tried to counter. Apparently my voice wasn't too low or quiet enough.

"Oh!? Is it though???" Barbs swings around her chair to face Dick.

"Who was the one saying we should stay focused?" Zatanna playfully teases and taps Barbs on the nose as she gets up and walks towards me.

Zatanna's curvy figure sways provocatively as she walks towards me and her equally wavy hair swayed behind her in sync.

She leans in close to me and whispers, "She claims to be the girl on the date, but we all know she was bang number 2."

"I will not hesitate to throw hands!!" Barbs calls out.

We both sort of share a quiet giggle-laugh before calming back down.

Zatanna looks up at me and tilts her head slightly, "I was so misguidedly angry." She begins to say, reaching over to rub her right arm with her left and tilting her head down to look away towards her right side.

"When I heard you words I didn't even allow myself to process them before I felt this...wave of anger and disappointment. In the moment I felt like you let me down, I thought you were better than that, I questioned my own sense of judgement and whether I was a good judge of character after all because I thought I had chosen, a friend, poorly..."

Zatanna's expression was drawn in sadness, her eyes turning slightly glassy as I felt a deep sinking feeling at her words.

"Maybe I was projecting a little?" She then tried to explain her action. "As a kid I was an intolerant little shit who couldn't understand the IDEA of boys falling in love with boys and girls falling in love with girls, so as I aged I viciously tried to make up for it."

She cradled her arms into herself and continued to look at nothing but the floor.

"Oh, Z-Zee..." I akwardly tried to use her nickname to comfort her but didn't know what to say or do next.

Why was I apologizing to her!?

Zatanna sniffs back her next words.

"Turns out my intolerance has evolved to now attack the very people I once was. Instead of being patient and helping them understand, I became the very think I wanted to avoid by doing what I did to you."

Never in my life had I ever seen another human being in such a state of confusion and unrest (except myself). And seeing Zatanna allow herself to be so vulnerable in front of others for MY sake.

Simply put? It was so deeply very touching...

Good God, two down one to go...I'm not gonna make it!!! Who knew being heartfelt and apologetic could wreak such havoc on the human body and emotions!!

Well technically, I don't have a human body. But my point still counts!

Still a bit shaky and wobbly, I pull back a bit from Zatanna's embrace and place a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Thank you for that, Zatanna. You words mean a great lot. Even though I'm still a bit hurt by your actions, I can take comfort in understanding you a bit better-"

"Ah an!" Artemis swiftly cuts in. "Save your response till the END!"

"Okay, okay!" I lifted my hands up defensively at her.

And as if we were in a freaking office, I looked around and said, "Who's ne-"

"ME!!!" Jimmy screeched.