Kara's First Fight With The Gang

I look up in complete and utter shock as the giant robotic foot lifted off the ground and came back again with increasing speed to slam down on the few party-goers who were trying to escape.

Right before the foot was about to make impact, it suddenly stops precociously above people's heads. I scan my eyes closer to the scene and see Connor in the midst of the scared people, holding up the robotic foot with his two hands, fighting against the metallic force with all his might.

I look away from the destruction and quickly set about lifting up falling rubble from those that were trapped under it.

I first started with the guy who, just alittle while ago, had called me gorgeous. He was now lying before me, limp and nearly lifeless.

He fought for consciousness and withered in pain as I lift him up and carried him to an already fallen section of the building where he'd be safe.

I repeated the action several times with other innocent people, most of which were maimed , crippled or disfigured. When I was certain all the civilians were safe, I proceed to look for my friends.

I rush over to where I had last seen Connor, Megan, and Kal. Seeing as Connor was still holding up the robotic foot while people escape, it must have meant him, and the rest, got out unharmed.

Heavy rocks rained down before me, cutting off my path, in fury I punch at the fallen rock wall till it began to give way to me.

"You know there's a quicker way of doing that, Blondie," Wally says as he speeds up next to me. He was standing there fully costumed, but Artemis was nowhere to be found.

"Where's Artemis!?" I asked him in a slight panic. I feared for the worst.

"Relax," Wally tells me with raised arms, "she's about 50 feet away from here." Then he laughed to himself as if he'd done a bad thing. "She's not going to like that one bit."

I nod to him with a serious face, then we set to work destabilizing the rocks lodged in front of us.

Twenty seconds later we burst through the roof of the debris and I see Megan and Kyle propped up against a crumpling pillar column. I see Megan's green Martian blood and Kal's red Atlantean blood trickle down their faces.

I bite down a strangled scream of fear and race towards them, but Wally beat me to it.

"Are you guys alright!?" I hear Wally ask them first, then bends down to check on them.

Instead of doing so I take two steps back and use my x-ray vision to get a closer look at them.

"Megan's internal structure is mostly fine," I inform Wally, with a deadpan expression, "but Kal has a cracked rib." I train my laser x-ray beam on his chest. "On the right, lower second one from the top."

"We need to get you out of here first," Wally informs a groaning Kal, then proceeds to place his arm under Kal's leg and neck. "I'll be back for you soon, Megan." Wally then tells her.

He turns and gives me a serious block, "Stay with her."

"Of course," I'm nod to him. What did he think? I would just leave my friend while she was visibly injured?

With that Wally nods back, and disappears in a burst of light.

I look around for the team. Over by the entrance Connor had successfully saved the escapees. I couldn't find Barbara but I could see Zatanna dislodging herself from the fallen rubble with her magic.

"Hold on Megan, we'll get you help soon..." I reassure her as I hold onto her hand.

It was ice cold.