Spontaneous Sparring Session With Wonder Woman/GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

"So this Jimmy...how long did you date him?" Dick inquired.

"Uhm...now's not really the right time to be asking me that!" I cry in reply, jumping out of the way and barely escaping wonder woman's attack.

"I'm just saying, if it was a couple days or months, you could just call it out, no biggie" Dick shrugged, standing well within safety distance on the side lines.

"Kara! FOCUS!" Diana yells at me.

"Trying!" I shout back.

Now, was I ecstatic that Dick was asking me these things? I was over the moon!

Do I appreciate him asking me this while I was having my spontaneous sparring sessions with Wonder Freaking Woman!??

Hell no.

Just then Diana's lasso catches me by the shoulders, she pulls on tight, binding the golden rope around me and flinging me through the air.

This is gonna hurt! I rapidly think as I soar through the air and slam into the concrete ground head first.

"Soooooo, was it 2...4 weeks? Or are we talking 3 to 6 months?" I'm pushing myself back up and see Dick kneeling on this tip toes before me. I fight back the urge to growl at him.

"I'm not done with you yet!"

I feel the rope around me tug and I'm yanked back violently.

"Are you really going to let a man distract you so easily Kara?" Diana taunts.

As I tumble backwards it finally hits me, Dick was part of the sparing lesson! Diana brought him in as a distraction!!

And the realization of that...made me mad.

As I was being yanked back I broke the momentum and forcefully flew upwards, the change in momentum caught Diana off guard she tips forward. I use that slight window of opportunity and yank her by her rope which she held onto. I pull up, twirl her in a 360° degrees circle and flung her in Dick's direction.

Fully dressed in his Night Wing costume, cause Batman would never allow otherwise, Dick jumps out of the way just in time as Diana slams into the wall behind him.

She immediately peels herself off the wall, "Nice move," she grins up at me. "But you got lucky"

I see the emotion get wiped from her face as she leaps towards me, the amazon warrior taking control. She cocks back right arm and slams her fist into me.

I barely manage to block the blow as I'm launched backward from the force of the impact. I fake being immobilized for 5 seconds as I sailed towards the ground. But right before I hit the floor I flip under my back and flying down low to the ground with lightning speed as I come up from under Diana. I hit her back and send both of us into the roof.

"Not luck, skill" I say cockily as I flew away from her, folding my hands and floating confidently.

"I've taught you well." Diana praised.

She dislodged herself from the roof and nods towards me. That made me squeal with delight and fly over to hug her.

Wonder Woman's approval! What an honor!

Most of a sparing matches end with her winning, obviously, but only just recently did I start to get the upper hand on her.

"Wooooohooooo! Go Kara!" Dick cheered from below.

We both flew down arm-in-arm towards him.

"Thanks for assisting us today," Diana tells Dick.

"Anytime." he replied cheerily, puffing out his chest.