My Reconnaissance Mission With Nightwing & Miss Martian

I hate Batman, I hate Batman, I hate Batman, I hate Batman-

Hating him won't change the circumstances Kara, M'gann's voice echoes through my head.

Changes my mind from going to murder him you mean! I fire back. He is...what's the word? SUCH AN ASS!

"Hey. Girls. Focus." Dick says, clapping his hands in our face to get our collective attentions.

The 3 of us stood in M'gann's bio ship as it sails low over the Atlantic sea.

"We've got a mission to do" Dick continues.

"More like job" I counter saucily.

Now normally I wouldn't be the one to back talk or sass Dick...but I was so mad!

We've already established that, M'gann chimed in.

I KNOW!

Apparently, this "mission" or "job" or whatever was more so for Dick. He was to infiltrate a top-secret Lex Corp facility to get information on a top secret project that was being carried out there.

And I was the guinea pig.

Distraction would be a more accurate word to use, M'gann corrected.

"What information, exactly, are we trying to get?" I asked Dick.

He just shook his head at me, "You know I can't tell you Kara" he says softly.

And that just made me more mad.

Madder, not more mad. M'gann corrected my English.

Not only am I risking my butt to be a distraction, but I'm not even told what I am a distraction for!?

This is such bullshit!

You're being far too accustomed with earth curse words for my liking Kara, M'gann said worriedly.

"Argh! Fine. Let's just get this over with" I huff out.

The bio ship has stealthily flown over a building on top of a secluded hill.

"That must be the lab" M'gann said.

Oh, so you can use words? I thought to her ruefully.

She sighed.

"Are you going to be like this throughout the whole mission?" she asked.

"Yes" I replied stubbornly.

"I thought as much" she grumbled.

She jumps down through the hole the bioship just then opens through its floor, turning invisible and disappearing through the night.

Me and Dick were next.

I was about to go down when I feel a hand touch my arm. I look up.

Dick was looking at me, for a moment I though he was finally going to tell me what the top-secret information that he wanted to steal more information on was. But-

"Remember, tonight we are not Dick and M'gann, but Night Wing and Miss Martian" he said, probably thinking he was helping.

Now normally I'd be grateful he went so far as to say that, seeing as I was being graded by Batman on this mission. But I was so angry...erm...pissed off, since earlier and from the whole situation I jerked my hands away from his.