Saved By Batgirl

I was literally about to breakdown in tears from sheer joy upon seeing the object of my salvation.

"Baaaaaarbra-erh...BATGIRL!!!" I quickly correct myself. I flew over to her and wrapped her in a hug and desperately whispered in her ear, "Help me!"

She pats me reassuringly and whispers backs, "I got you girl, I got this."

She gently pushes me back and turns her attention back to the growingly angry crowd of people. I was terrified just looking at them, and here is Batgirl bravely facing down this literal breathing dragon with so much confidence and grace.

"LISTEN UP EVERYBODY!" She loudly called out over the rowdy crowd. "I know a lot of you are distraught and confused. But I ask for your patience and cooperation as we sort out what items belong to who, and who is being truthful and who is lying." She stresses, glaring openly into the crowd of people.

Some of which start to visibly squirm in mild discomfort.

"Any person found lying about having, buying or owning something that they do not...great action with be taken against them for wasting my and Law Enforcements time. Got it?"

"Yes, Ma'am!" Several people involuntarily replied fearfully.

Whoa...I sadly think to myself. She's so confident and bold! Taking charge and authority of the situation!

"What a Queen, I stan," I whisper under my breath, Did I say that right?

I clutch my chest and cover my mouth as I watch I awe. A few minutes pass and police officers come in force, gathering up all the stolen possessions and dragging away the criminal.

"Let's see who these scumbags are," Batgirl says as she drags off the biker helmets of all 3 biker thieves.

Let's just say that everyone was surprised to see 3 elegant looking women.

As the crowd gasped I look back at them, "I told you, how were you so sure they were guys? Stop assuming gender people, women can be criminals too" I chastised the crowd.

I'd known, ever since I used my x-ray vision, of their gender.

"HEY! Don't judge us!" An angry bystander, flushed at being called out, fired back. "And why are you barefoot? Huh!?"

I coil back in surprise.

"I...uhm...I ah-" I was cut off immediately.

"I BET SHE WAS TRYING ON SHOES!!!" Someone screamed out in frightening delight.

Someone else gasped and responded, "You must be right! She was probably testing shoes when the crime happened and jumped into action!"

"She's also not wearing her full costume! She must've not wanted to waste time getting her main costume so she put on whatever she had on hand!" Another voice added.

"How unprofessional, shouldn't she just be carrying her main super suit with her everywhere she goes?"

"Have you tried going around with the same things? What if someone saw her costume and figures out her secret identity!?"

A...am...am I being reprimanded by the p-public!? I look down at my feet and pull at the gem of my gown like a little school girl caught in a lie and was being told off by her teacher.

How is it that I, who managed to capture the bad guys and save the day, still manage to end up messing things up and being in the wrong!?

"I BET IF WE GO LOOK AT SOME STORES CAMERAS WE MIGHT CATCH HER LIVE AS SHE'S SPRINGING INTO ACTION!"

"GREAT FUCKING IDEA!!!"

Before a small section of people could dash off to commence their plan-

"HEY!" Batgirl yelled over at them, "Any and all security footage is police property to aid in finding out whose shopping item belongs to who!"

She marched over to the small group and continued to seethe, "You touch that camera footage, you get arrested. Got it!?"

The group of people seemed immensely displeased, some huffing in annoyance and others kicking their feet but ultimately the gave up and walked away.

Batgirl quickly pulls herself away from the crowd and approaches 2 officers and whispers, "Confiscate all security tapes immediately, make sure no one, not even yourselves, look at it."

Thank God for my super hearing, but once Batgirl was done talking to the officers she walks back over to me with a stern look on her face.

My heart sank.

"How much trouble am I in?" I tentatively ask, expecting the worse.

Her face instantly switch to that of utter confusion, "Wait what?" She asked. "You're not in any trouble, why would you think that?"

"Uhm, you look incredibly pissed off?" I reply. "Wait, is pissed the right word? I was informed it meant relieving one's self through urination, but I've heard Di-ugh-Nightwing use it in a manner that might refer to great annoyance. But now upon second thought, I think I should have just said annoyed in the first place instead of going through this long route."

"Hehe, I'm not pissed. And yes, you used it correctly. You're quickly learning earth terms, I'm impressed" she moves closer to me, closing the gap between use. "I'm just worried about your secret identity being blown" she whispers very worriedly.

"Don't worry," I whisper back, I lean forward to make sure I'm whispering just in her ear and so no one can hear. "I changed out in the open, I found a dumpster to his behind. So the only thing you should worry about is street security cameras"

I pull back, I was less confident than I initially was when I leaned forward to whisper to her. Saying my actions out loud really did show how irresponsible and careless I was.

"It's okay, did you check to see if there were any security cameras pointed in the direction you went to change in?"

I shook my head, "No, I didn't pay that much attention, unfortunately..."

Batgirl reaches up a hand and reassuringly pat's my shoulder.

"It's okay Supergirl," she smiles, "I'm sure everything will be just fine..."

She sounded slightly unsure of her words but immediately I hear a beeping. Her fingers quickly flew up to her ear as a message came in for her.

"Batgirl. What's up?" She answered her communication ear device.

I suppress using my super hearing so as to allow her privacy in her conversation.

She replies quickly and concisely, then turns around and rushes back towards me, "I think you should leave now," she says a little too desperately.

"Why? What's wrong?" I question.

Batgirl quickly whips her head around as if expecting something or someone to drop by.

She turns her head back to me in a slight panic and mouths, "B A T M A N."

I feel my eyes dilate as I quickly levitate off the grown and fly away at the speed of light.