Nightwing

You know that feeling you get when your crush is in the vicinity? It's like your stomach melting and pooling somewhere deep within you.

Nightwing and I were really good friends, he was one of the first to welcome me to earth during my first few months here and we spend most of our free time (which was very little) together. But it killed me every day to meet the person I liked but not having a high hope in heaven of having a shot with them.

It was better to be friends, to stay friends. Better to have some of him then none of him. Said every single cliché love story heroine in existence!

"Hey SG," he says with that sexy grin of his that revealed the shadows of his dimples. I hover closer to him and let the tips of my toes just skim above the floor, and even with that he was still taller than me.

"Hey NG" I reply alittle too sweetly.

Argh! Kara, tune it down abit!

"What's up, you look distraught?" he slid back the mirror he used to catch my attention back into his waistband pouch.

"I got a bat on my shoulder" I say with venom.

He let out a sympathetic hiss, "That's a nightmare"

"You know better than most of us" I add.

"That I do" when he finishes securing his utility belt he looks back up at me and takes a full sweep of my body with his eyes.

Don't get all giggly he does this to make sure I'm alright, especially after a fight. The first few times he did this I was so excited and happy, thinking they were good signs, but imagine my shock when around the fourth time he did it he pointed out a wound.

"Your fight with Grundy go okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, how'd you know I was coming here and who I was fighting?" I fold my arms as I ask.

"Batman told me to keep an eye out and make sure nothing bad happens" he replies with a sigh.

I scrawl at him.

"You mean make sure I don't screw up." I say hotly.

"C'mon SG, you know it's not like that." Nightwing countered.

"With Bats, it always is" I say darkly. I was still seen as the outsider who didn't 'know earth customs' and would fuck things up royally.

I float higher away, "I gotta go"

I turn to fly away but I feel him grab hold of my hand, "Hold up Kara"

He never called me by my real name in public, probably the reason why he never told me his.

I was hovering several feet above him and his arm was extended out, grasping a tight hold of mine.

"You are not gonna screw up anything" he said in an exasperated tone.

I look him dead in the eye, "Then why does everyone make me feel like I will?"

"It's probably all in your head?" he tries to reason.

I shake my head at him, he wouldn't understand. He grew up with this life, he was welcomed.

I look down at our joined hands, anger aside the sight of it made me suppress a smile.

I cough to get a hold of my own attention, "Uhm, anyway-ah-I still gotta go"

I point my thumb at the sky in no particular direction.

"Oh! Right!" he quickly lets go of my hand...alittle too quickly, like I was poison....

I gulp down the slight sting I felt. It's just a crush, it'll pass...

I'm about to leave when-

"Oh wait, one last thing" he burst out.

"Yes!?" I turn back all too eagerly.

"Some of us are going out tonight, wanna tag along?" he had that smile again.

Tag along???

"Tag along?" I voice out loud.

"Yeah," Nightwing shrugs, clearly not getting the message. "If you wanna hang with us,"

"Yes I do" I say, "But don't use the words tag-a-long"

"Why" he sounds confused.

"Cause that makes it sounds like I'll stick with you guys like expired gum throughout the evening even though you don't want me there"

He raises a brow at me.

"Seriously, where do you come up with these things?" even thought I was still hovering he clasp both his hands on my shoulder in a brotherly fashion. "Don't read too much into this, just come, I'll send you the dets. later."

And with that the spectacular Nightwing, hint at the mockery in my tone, literally vanishes in front of my very eyes.

I grin and hold my hips, "Impressive" I say to the empty roof.

"I know right? Been working on that all week" the disembodied voice of Nightwing rang.

I chuckle and shake my head at him.

And without another word I fly off into the clear blue sky, my spirit somewhat more uplifted then 20mins before.

Author's Note

Please don't forget to leave a like for this story-wait like??? This isn't Facebook!

Ignore that.

Vote for this chapter and leave a comment down below!

*Question time!* Should there be a love story or should we focus on the crime and badass fights this story will surely contain?

What would you love to see in a story like this?

Should I follow plot or make up my own twist and DC Universe?

As you can tell I am SUPER nervous for this story cause unlike my FF Story this is DC and I'm not that much up to speed with it. Marvel is more my forte but I will give this my best shot and see it gets all the success it deserves.

So help me out some and give me the major run down, the most I know is afew top villains...the Justice League and little stuff I picked up from being a super fan of Young Justice (I still curse whoever got that show cancelled)

Also a foremost heads up, don't get too attached to this story. It might not get updated as constantly and I plan to keep the chapters' very short cause this will be a relatively short story.

Well that's it from me, if you're a new reader buckle up and enjoy-plus check out my other stories when you're waiting for this one- if you're an old reader *high five* what up guuuurl!!! (I say girl cause I know less than 2% of y'all are guys :p)

So see ya, adios, laters

~Victoria<3